• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC clearance time for prior buyers

marcinsandpoint

hey guys... so i have had 9 EUC's in the past year, they have been getting cleared in 5 to 10 days at BC.
they where all for trailers and gen-set's....

so here i move up in the world and go for a Deuce and now the EUC has been at BC for 23 days now and no clearance....???? i called GL and all they say is, well it can take up to 60 days... im like what!!! ya for your first one......

so is this because i went from gen's and trailers to getting a truck???? i also just got a m109 shop truck. so 2 trucks im waiting for...

tell me what you all think
thanks
Marc

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I'm lucky or they must be trying to give away 818s. EUC submitted on Monday and I picked the truck up on Friday for my last truck 2 months ago..

:)

sw

Clay James

hey guys... so i have had 9 EUC's in the past year, they have been getting cleared in 5 to 10 days at BC.
they where all for trailers and gen-set's....

so here i move up in the world and go for a Deuce and now the EUC has been at BC for 23 days now and no clearance....???? i called GL and all they say is, well it can take up to 60 days... im like what!!! ya for your first one......

so is this because i went from gen's and trailers to getting a truck???? i also just got a m109 shop truck. so 2 trucks im waiting for...

tell me what you all think
thanks
Marc

Did you inspect those? I saw that studebaker deuce when I was there to inspect some. I won the one in my avatar. It was my first EUC.

marcinsandpoint

euc

Did you inspect those? I saw that studebaker deuce when I was there to inspect some. I won the one in my avatar. It was my first EUC.
O yes.. i bib on that one...lol i have looked at those trucks some time ago, they have been sitting there a long time...
but mine yours and one other where new there and the 109 i got as well was new there..
both of mine are in good shape.
i think we all got a good price on them

leroygreen

I had to call the DLA customer support number. They said that since I was over 60 business days they could put in a ticket. That was on a Thursday. After about 3 emails needing info on who, what, and when I got one that said that they got the cert. for GL that I should hear from them soon. Monday I got the paid in full. Got a great Deuce from Hooks, TX.

Flyingvan911

Congradulations, leroy. I am going to call Monday for an update on my EUC. A month ago a lady from the DLA said they are just waiting for the demil cert. GL said it is out of their hands. :cookoo: :deadhorse:

mikeroot2

My PIF invoice just arrived last Thursday for a mep003a I bought back on 5/13/10. I exchanged several very polite emails with GL and DLA. They both responded very quickly.

wikallen

I sent my EUC for a M105a2 on Friday, and by Friday afternoon it was sent to BC. I was impressed with that. Now I hope PIF happens faster then the 100+ days of my M109

mikeroot2

On the 818 I won last week. It took a couple hours from submission to being sent to Battle Creek, hopefully that's a good sign. That part alone took 6 days last time.

marcinsandpoint

Guys!! what great service from DLA the guy that helped me, WOW on the ball :).... thanks so much for the info before.
i just got off the phone with DLA and they put the paperwork on HIgh priority.. from what i was told it should be 30 days before you call them, so its been 31 for me waiting for the certificate to get back to GL...

im still in shock.... no more block walls aua

gem1410

bought 13 trailers out of NJ in late july 2001 and no paid receipt as of 9-1-2001--Was told the euc for the first time takes 2 months--I told the women I have been buying from GL for 2 years--She said "That is why--they are recertifing you because you have been buying for 2 years"--I thanked her and hung up---Everyone must be on summer vacation

marcinsandpoint

BAD news.... DLA said sorry but we cant do anything till its 60 days past, the guy i talked to at DLA made a mistake..... aua

GL told me they where waiting for a certificate from DOD ( demil code ) i think is what i was told..it was something like that.
i even called DLA for help because i was also told that they have to do something as well.. :lost:

SO is it GL.... DOD...... DLA...... OR???? what one is the problem... ??

mcmullag

What's your clearance Clarence?

If this helps at all, I believe the DLA in Battle Creek, MI is part of the DOD.
Somebody in the guv-mint decided the deuces now need a de-mil certificate
because of iridium in the dash gauges. I would think the 5 ton 800 series trucks would have the same gauges and same problem.
I am waiting for EUC/de-mil clearance on a deuce I won 7/8/10.
I will call DLA on the 61st day from when they received the EUC
paperwork from GL. I did e-mail GL and they said it is in the hands of the DLA. 2cents2cents

Flyingvan911

Here's what I have figured out. The DLA is a part of the DOD. Pretty much everything military based is. The DRMO/DRMS are a part of the DLA.

The EUC goes from you to GL to the DLA. I think the radiation check papers go from the DRMO on the individual military base to the DLA. I have heard the demil certificate go from GL to the DLA.

What I don't get is what the problem is getting the paperwork from one point to another. GL checks the EUC so the DLA won't reject it. When the DRMO checks each truck the forms should be cataloged either be truck serial number of event and lot number. Samt ehing for the demil certificates from GL. The DLA should be able to ask GL and the DRMO for the paperwork by the truck's assigned number and within a few days they have the papers.

This is my theory. :deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks