• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC clearance time for prior buyers

Clay James

BAD news.... DLA said sorry but we cant do anything till its 60 days past, the guy i talked to at DLA made a mistake..... aua

GL told me they where waiting for a certificate from DOD ( demil code ) i think is what i was told..it was something like that.
i even called DLA for help because i was also told that they have to do something as well..

SO is it GL.... DOD...... DLA...... OR???? what one is the problem... ??
Is that for your trucks for event 5319? I guess I'm in the same boat. I'm planning on contacting them as soon as it's been 60 days.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And what BC doesn't seem to care about, is it causes a backlog for the site managers. They want those trucks out of there too!

marcinsandpoint

I emailed GL today and got the same response. Is it Battle Creek that sends them the certificates?:lost:

it is one of the departments that is all part of DOD, and DLA is part of DOD and i have talk to them and they are saying they can not help till 60 days have past and then call them back and it will be escalated to a level 2 investigation.... well i have started a big email to send the DLA and the few agencies that are part of them that give the certificate to release the trucks.

im not sure if you have read this but if not do read, it will blow you away. it is one of the guys here on ss it explains why and what is going on
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/54962-euc-delayed-send-letter.html

mcmullag

GL to DLA to DRMS

I sent an email to DLA on the 61st day, a guy called me and asked
for some more info so he could find my EUC, he said he would send it
on now to DRMS. I said ok, but I have no idea what DRMS is, but from
what you folks have been talking about in various threads, I hope to
be able to pick up my truck that I won on 7/8/10, in about two weeks,
since I have waited 60 days from EUC submission.

mikeroot2

You guys should get used to waiting. My first EUC to about 97 days. Some guys have taken a lot longer. It sucks, but just sit back chew your finger nails, eat some Tums, watch the sun rise and set many, many, many, many times and wait. Eventually that PIF invoice will come.

marcinsandpoint

I sent an email to DLA on the 61st day, a guy called me and asked
for some more info so he could find my EUC, he said he would send it
on now to DRMS. I said ok, but I have no idea what DRMS is, but from
what you folks have been talking about in various threads, I hope to
be able to pick up my truck that I won on 7/8/10, in about two weeks,
since I have waited 60 days from EUC submission.

DLA Disposition Services Team formerly known as
DRMS

marcinsandpoint

You guys should get used to waiting. My first EUC to about 97 days. Some guys have taken a lot longer. It sucks, but just sit back chew your finger nails, eat some Tums, watch the sun rise and set many, many, many, many times and wait. Eventually that PIF invoice will come.

just to fill you in, for me and some of the others this in not are first EUC. for me its are 9th in the past 10 months. we where getting are PIF back in 7 days.

this is what is going on now read the link below, its all about the gauges in the trucks, this is why there is so many trucks on GL with the gauges gone. the ss member that posted the link got the info and i also confirmed it today with DLA ,DOD and and so on.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/54962-euc-delayed-send-letter.html

mcmullag

he said, she said, regarding deuce gauges

I got a nice email today (Wed) from some woman at DRMS, said sorry for delay, said needs info from GL since these trucks are coded F and they have sent a request to GL for that info. I contacted DLA Monday after waiting 60 days past, EUC submission to them from GL.
I know I am beating a dead horse but isnt this amazing to watch this broken process just keep plodding along? Lots of folks are going thru this and just accepting it because we have to, but can you imagine a private firm doing this to its customers. :roll:
If GL and DLA would have a teleconference call and say, uh hey, we keep getting all these calls and emails for these things we are selling with the iridium on the gauges, maybe we could make a list of those items that have that iridium and whenever we auction them, we could send the correct info along with the EUC to you folks at DLA and avoid the labor hours spent on contacts from the customers to both of us via phone and email.
I know, I know, its government and they need something to do to keep folks unncessarily employed. ;)
It really is amazing this broken process is in place and they have our money right away on auction day. Talk about incompetence. GL must know what items sold need that clearance (checked with a geiger counter) and should know to do that ahead of time and keep it with the vehicle or generators papers. Oh well.

marcinsandpoint

I got a nice email today (Wed) from some woman at DRMS, said sorry for delay, said needs info from GL since these trucks are coded F and they have sent a request to GL for that info. I contacted DLA Monday after waiting 60 days past, EUC submission to them from GL.
I know I am beating a dead horse but isnt this amazing to watch this broken process just keep plodding along? Lots of folks are going thru this and just accepting it because we have to, but can you imagine a private firm doing this to its customers. :roll:
If GL and DLA would have a teleconference call and say, uh hey, we keep getting all these calls and emails for these things we are selling with the iridium on the gauges, maybe we could make a list of those items that have that iridium and whenever we auction them, we could send the correct info along with the EUC to you folks at DLA and avoid the labor hours spent on contacts from the customers to both of us via phone and email.
I know, I know, its government and they need something to do to keep folks unncessarily employed. ;)
It really is amazing this broken process is in place and they have our money right away on auction day. Talk about incompetence. GL must know what items sold need that clearance (checked with a geiger counter) and should know to do that ahead of time and keep it with the vehicle or generators papers. Oh well.

so DRMS told you it was waiting for the F certificate from GL??

well i sent out a nice email last night to about 8 email address in side DOD, DRMS. DLA and so on. then one to the great governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, (im being sarcastic ) and one to the the great US senator Barbara Boxer... ( again im being sarcastic!! )

i wont hear back from them... But i did here back today from 3 of the 8... 2 said call GL 1 open a case to look in to it.... whatever!!

im going to stand on the corner with a sign and protest... the sign with read ( WE WANT ARE TRUCKS )

mcmullag

the time value of money, efficiency, wasted labor hours, etc.

Yes. It appears the game they enjoy playing goes thru certain steps, as I have learned on this site. First the paperwork sits with DLA for 60 days, then you can nudge them to pick it up and look at it, and then they ask GL for the info needed to clear code F.
Why GL cannot send that along with the EUC submission initially, on
these trucks that we all now know are going to require it, is beyond me. Guess they like to get phone calls and emails from us but you would think, like someone else commented here, that they would also like to get these vehicles out of their way, why have sold inventory sit on your lot for months when more vehicles are rolling in to be sold? :cookoo:

part of the email response I got today from DLA ......
"Because a vehicle you are purchasing has a demilitarization code of "F"
assigned, the DLA Accountability office responsible for issuing a clearance
requires certification documentation in order to complete their clearance
process. We are obtaining the certification information from the site
where the vehicle is located and will provide to the Accountability Office.
Your clearance will be expedited at that time and GL will be advised of the
assessment and then notify you of the status." ........
I wonder how the folks like; Eastern Surplus, Clark Truck, Memphis Equipment, Oshkosh Equipment, etc. handle this game. If they buy multiple trucks at a time each week around the country, do they let all these thousands of dollars they are immediately billed for, go to GL right away and then sit for 2 months before they can nudge DLA to obtain the info from GL so they can then go get the vehicle and start working on re-sell for profit?

zak

I picked up my truck yesterday at Selfridge from event 5394 that ended 8-6. I sent my euc in the following
Wednesday. It was returned three days later because I filled out a box wrong (it was done the same as my past two)
I fixed it and sent it back the same day. On the 24th I had my paid in full invoice. Nothing was said about a new f code.

mcmullag

forgot

...for the above post... that is the other funny part of this game, some trucks slip right thru. I guess that if you get a player at DLA that did not get the code F memo, they move the paperwork right along. A fellow MVCC club member got his deuce in April this way, right away, but months later, GL called him and asked if they could come by his home to check something on the truck (read the gauges with a geiger counter?). It's all fun. Seems like it should be a skit from Monty Python TV show back in the early '70's, the way they do not work smoothly together regarding this proscess, we could rename GL and DLA the, Ministry of Almagamated Co-oped Obfuscation. ;)

I find it funny, cause I'm not waiting, that the DLA and GL give everyone the same lame excuse. They make it sound like you are the first one to have this happen and that they will get right on it, to correct it. Maybe they don't realize that we talk about this here and that their pattern is obviously predictable. Someone should let them know that we are on to them and that we have strength in numbers. I think a simple correction in their process, would in the long run, save them a great amount of time and effort. But who cares about them? We want our crap and we want it NOW.
Next person to contact GL or DLA has my permission to forward this to them.

T

televisionman007

hey im jus 7 days a way from being a full 90 days on my first euc. whats up with that one?2cents

mcmullag

chutes and ladders

tv man 007;
Have you studied the threads here about EUC time? Lots of good info here about how to play the game overseen by the
Ministry of Collabaration on Obfuscation.
If you are waiting on a truck with the radioactive gauges, e-mail DLA (google on them for their contact info) after they have had the paperwork from GL, for at least 60 days. Appears they will start working on it if you kindly nudge them.
:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks