• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selfridge deuces-what did you get?

Preacherboy

I got my dad a sweet one, the one he wanted above all the others! I had to stick with it as some people kept bidding, but they all stopped and the win was posted at 5:00 PM!

Congrats to BobH who won 2 trucks! Hope everyone is happy as dad is with their trucks.

Here is dad's truck for your viewing pleasure!

Attachments

warlord381

I am soooo glad I was on a recovery from Lansing today and couldnt bid on these. My wife would have been pissed.... There were some **** nice trucks in this event!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I placed one bid each on two of them
and got them for the max bid.

It is most certainly an addiction.
Oh well, if there is a 12 step program for this I have 12 MV's to step on now. :cookoo:

Congrats Bob!

ranchhopper

I bid on a couple but the guys that got outbid on their trucks started jumping frome one to another driving up the bids at overtime I wasnt going to play the game and bid against them and drive up the prices for GL there is always more to come another day.What happened to the old way of setting a price and after the allotted time the auction ended and you eiher won or lost now it drives up GLs profit every fifteen minutes after the auction is supposed to end.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A note of caution for those that got trucks.
Half of them had no resistance on brake pedal .
a couple had busted mirrors.
all but one had dead or too weak to turn batteries.
5600 the shut down cable was froze in place , cable or IP I don't know
5658 is not driveable driveline parts missing.
5620 has a bad radiator

Last edited:

Preacherboy

I don't think the winch truck went for the highest price either, but that was because it was pretty rusty! Does anyone know if any went for under $1000...I don't think any did, but some went over $2000 which kind of surprised me. A lot of first timers!

warlord381

Willing to bet 5600 is just a froze up cable at IP. I bought one there last year same thing. Banged and WD-40d the IP were the cable goes in and it freed right up.

Preacherboy

5666, whoever brings new batteries will have to disable the horn as that is stuck on.

5640 had no slave cable recepticle, so you will have to bring batteries. I have some other notes on trucks too if you have questions. Bob is right at least half had no brakes.

mattg2448

5666, whoever brings new batteries will have to disable the horn as that is stuck on.
On 5666, I'm surprised on the only one problem.. I expected more by the last three numbers :p

We got two trucks, 5623 and 5638, which are our first two buys...

And i thank Preacherboy for all the help over the last couple weeks!

Does this make me the youngest person to own a deuce and a half? :-D

Cant wait for euc completion! :deadhorse:

Attachments

Preacherboy

Mattg, it depends how young you are...

when we hit the switch on 5666 and as the air built up and the horn started blowing, we shut her down and said that is enough as if the "666" wasn't enough of a bad omen.

mattg2448

Well, i mean if there is one younger than 15, I will tip my hat to them! And i agree, we were working one day and before we left the shop, the mile odometer on our van showed ***,666, worse day in our working history.

Last edited:

citizensoldier

Considering what some people have just paid for a hard top it looks like you guys got the truck underneath one for $600.. Good job guys.. Anybody buy some to just part out? If so I have guys up here looking for T cases and transmissions.. Just a thought.. [thumbzup]:grd:

Preacherboy

15 is pretty young, your principle is going to freak out when you are driving that to school next year. They will probably tell you not to drive it anymore. I thought I was young at 28 having one, but I guess I am getting old!

Chieftawny

Willing to bet 5600 is just a froze up cable at IP. I bought one there last year same thing. Banged and WD-40d the IP were the cable goes in and it freed right up.
Was out at colemans yesterday and they were changing a turbo out because of a stuck cable. newer guy started it up and didn't check first. never heard a turbo hit 120000 rpm before.

mattg2448

15 is pretty young, your principle is going to freak out when you are driving that to school next year. They will probably tell you not to drive it anymore. I thought I was young at 28 having one, but I guess I am getting old!
Yeah, well my dad got one at an auction about 2 or 3 years back, and i drove it and it was instant love rofl... I already got permission from the school to park it, i just told them length, then i came with a picture and they just laughed at me :-?, and i don't think they believe me, but i got approved :grd: Can't wait to pull in the lot with it :twisted:

zak

Bob is right alot of trucks had no brakes. So if you didn't preview and just took a stab, be prepared to have a truck with no brakes. At least half of the ones with cargo covers had none and I tested them all. I didn't check the ones without. But all and all most looked decent and some had goodies in the tool boxes. I even saw a MRE holding up a hood side! Joe was making his rounds and kept asking if he could help in any way( he suppied us with hornet spray). He had a truck on stand by to jump anything we wanted. Both my buddy and I scored a truck. Bob you may be the motor pool-king of the sunrise side if Chuck does'nt out bid you again:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks