• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selfridge deuces-what did you get?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this was my 4th
the 1st went to BC on 12/24 and cleared 1/6 while that was 14 days , it did have a couple holiday s in there.
2nd one was 6 days
3rd one was 3 days, last August
I was expecting 1 1/2 days on this one, not 11, :roll:
Mine may have to wait for some other trucks to get moved 1st, as one of them was boxed in pretty good.

harleyrkc

What are you doing differently that yours have always gone through so fast. I'm not going to have any hair left in 2 or 3 months.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are you doing differently that yours have always gone through so fast. I'm not going to have any hair left in 2 or 3 months.
I don't know...

dot the I's & cross the t's
follow the intsructions exactly
maybe it's just the ole land line for the phone?
maybe they just want to keep an old jarhead happy?
could be that I just got lucky 4 times in a row. (yeah freakin right! I don't get lucky)

Preacherboy

EUC's for repeat buyers seem to be going ok, it is the first timers that are really dragging on for months.

My first EUC was cancelled on the 60th business day, it was just a couple weeks later that I got a letter from the folks at Battle Creek saying that I was being checked out for a demil purchase. So apparently they finally cleared me (too late). But since then I haven't had to wait for over 30 business days.

Now I just got trailers in 12 business days, pretty good considering what some people have been going through.

miltruckman

my notes on 11: No side racks or top, good body, good tires(right front a little low) goods seats, has heat, original but good radiator, wasp nest by air cleaner, oil a little overfull, engine painted black, brakes flat.
35:Canvas top on cab, no sideracks or canvas on back, average tires, average body, original radiator, reman engine, soft but probably O.K. brakes.
69: Canvas top on cab, canvas top and side racks on rear, heater, nice body, original engine and radiator, average seats, good brakes, good tires.

Bill

miltruckman

my notes on 23: hard top on cab, canvas top and side racks on rear, decent to rusty body, worn tires, needs a seat back, badly rusted radiator but holds pressure, heater, original engine, good brakes and oil, very bent dipstick.
38:hard top on cab, canvas top and side racks on rear, new (not reman)engine installed a long time ago, heater, new radiator, spare flat, good tires and seats.

Bill

miltruckman

My notes on 5603: Soft top on cab, side racks and canvas top on rear, soft break pedal, no rust, older paint job, dented hood, original radiator and engine, heater, good tires.

Bill

miltruckman

My notes on 53: hard top on cab, side racks but no canvas top on bed, no heater, new paint, passenger seat bottom cushion bad, good tires, original engine and radiator
72: hard top on cab, soft top and racks in rear, new paint but pealing, new radiator, original engine, good seats, good brakes, good tires.
76: hard top on cab, no side racks or top on rear, original engine, no heater, repaired radiator, may have oil leak from or from behind injector pump, good tires, good seats, good body, good brakes.
Bill

miltruckman

my notes on 12: canvas top on cab, worn tires in rear, good seats, heater, good body, original radiator, reman engine, oil a little high, flat brakes,
62: one of the nicer trucks, hard top on cab, side racks in rear, new steering gearbox, heater, new radiator, engine painted black, good tires, good seats, good brakes, good body.

Bill

harleyrkc

My notes on 5603: Soft top on cab, side racks and canvas top on rear, soft break pedal, no rust, older paint job, dented hood, original radiator and engine, heater, good tires.

Bill
Thanks miltruckman now I know what I'm in for. So what usually causes a soft brake pedal?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks miltruckman now I know what I'm in for. So what usually causes a soft brake pedal?
low on fluid or air in the lines bleeding will usually bring them back but i would look for signs of wheel cylinders leaking posibly the master cylinder hydaulic brakes tend to go soft from sitting long periods of time

harleyrkc

low on fluid or air in the lines bleeding will usually bring them back but i would look for signs of wheel cylinders leaking posibly the master cylinder hydaulic brakes tend to go soft from sitting long periods of time
When the time comes is there any reason this would complicate towing this truck.

miltruckman

Should be no problem, I bleed the brakes with a pressure bleeder by connecting to the vent fitting on the top of the master cylinder. You can make yoiur own pressure bleeder from a pressure paint pot or garden sprayer.

Why tow it home? I always drive them. I have driven 30 trucks home so far. They all made it too.

Bill

harleyrkc

Should be no problem, I bleed the brakes with a pressure bleeder by connecting to the vent fitting on the top of the master cylinder. You can make yoiur own pressure bleeder from a pressure paint pot or garden sprayer.

Why tow it home? I always drive them. I have driven 30 trucks home so far. They all made it too.

Bill
Initially that was the plan, but the more I read the more I was unsure about it. This is my first truck and I really don't want to go through the learning curve on the side of the rode. Now that might change if someone with some experience wanted to help me make a recovery. But most guys on here have recommended against it.

miltruckman

Its not too rough, but towing it or hauling it is the surest way. Depends on what you can afford. I could never afford to haul all my trucks home. Plus I know way more than when I started so I can fix almost anything.

I can always tow bar one with another if I have to.

Good luck, Maybe I'll see you there.

Bill

harleyrkc

Its not too rough, but towing it or hauling it is the surest way. Depends on what you can afford. I could never afford to haul all my trucks home. Plus I know way more than when I started so I can fix almost anything.

I can always tow bar one with another if I have to.

Good luck, Maybe I'll see you there.

Bill
We'll see how long my first EUC takes.

lew

I really screwed up! Woke up late the day of the auction (I work midnights), grabbed a coffee and started bidding . Had a list of 4 or 5 that would make good parts truck and set my spending limit. Turns out I won 2 (looks like everyone buys in pairs) . Worked on getting one removed from invoice but no luck, so now I'm stuck! Invoice is now paid and EUC sent to BC. Hope it only takes 10 days, as this is not the first purchase through GL.
Anyone have notes on 5632 or 5657 ?
Thanks ,
Gene

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks