• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MadDawg's M37 gun truck project

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a good plan, vtdeucedriver! I think that would be easier than trying to get the standard thickness floor working with the HEAVY box sitting on it anyways.

This project, once again, is under wraps for now, until I get my lack-of-a-job issue straightened out. I wish I could sell this to someone who is better off and can give it the attention it needs, but I have so much invested in this project up till now with all the parts, guns, armor, etc. that is has to get finished prior to sale, I don't think there would be anyone who can offer me close to the invested figure in its present condition.

Oh well, back under the tarp you go for now, RLW.

vtdeucedriver

Sounds like a good plan, vtdeucedriver! I think that would be easier than trying to get the standard thickness floor working with the HEAVY box sitting on it anyways.

This project, once again, is under wraps for now, until I get my lack-of-a-job issue straightened out. I wish I could sell this to someone who is better off and can give it the attention it needs, but I have so much invested in this project up till now with all the parts, guns, armor, etc. that is has to get finished prior to sale, I don't think there would be anyone who can offer me close to the invested figure in its present condition.

Oh well, back under the tarp you go for now, RLW.

Stick with it and do what you need to do to keep it and let it sit until your ready. You have done the hard part and "have it". I bought a M54A2 back in 2000 to make a GunTruck and I have not done it yet. I have it and thats what counts. It will be there when I am ready.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it's listed for sale around the net. Being a victim of this economy and being out of work for 18 months this month, something has to give and it's either the M37 or the deuce. Since the deuce I take to shows relatively often, that kinda narrows it down.

PB, I know I'll regret it, but I'd rather sell it to someone who will complete it and give it a good home, than to watch it sink into the front yard on account that I don't have the funds to complete it. That would be a tragic shame to the truck and to the history it represents.

gunboy1656

I just sold off my M211 a couple weeks ago because of the same reason, did not want to see it decay any longer and I needed some funds. A week after I sold it I got a job. Hope you can get that lucky.

Hope you find it a home to fix it up right.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I talked with a gent in MD who is interested in buying the M37 gun truck project, with a twist. He is an older gent, enjoys owning MVs and using them in parades. Has a couple other armored MVs. However, he says he is to the point in his life he can't restore trucks anymore, wants to enjoy them only. SO, he wants to pay me to complete the truck, on my schedule, and then when it's all done he'll buy the truck for the listed price. So it looks as if I'll be financed to complete the project with a guaranteed sale afterwards. Can't get better than that.

doinworkinvans

Amazing! What a great deal and good ol' fella...what would only make it better is when he buys he turns around and hands it back to you! Cant wait to see some more updates. I think I'll go outside and work on mine now!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it was always planned to get done and sold, not a keeper. Just glad it's going to get finished now.

Will post pics when the money comes in and things start rolling along.

nattieleather

That's great news MD. Ok stupid question...how about starting your own business doing MV repair and restoration? Just a thought since your on your way now anyways.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks