• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for hmmwv half doors.

mister60

Has anyone seen original half doors for the hmmwv. I know there are alot of rear ones, but mostly interested in a set o front ones.
thanks..tim

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief_919

Has anyone seen original half doors for the hmmwv. I know there are alot of rear ones, but mostly interested in a set o front ones.
thanks..tim
Half doors? I have never seen such a thing other than the rear inserts used when runnung the 2 door configuration.

Last edited by a moderator:

BLK HMMWV

Front half doors?
I've never seen them however I'm in the process of making some out of some extra doors I have.
I pulled the armored skins off of my old first gen up armored X doors and used them for some templet's . Have a buddy bending me some new skins .
I took the old X doors and cut them straight across even with the top of the upper hinge. The new skins will cover over the cut and rap around and fasten to the top of the sheet metal cover that covers the lock linkage.
I'm going for more of a special forces gun truck look.
But from the guys I've talked to and the pictures I've seen they used to remove all the doors except for the drivers and he had a big ass piece of steel bolted to the outside of his door that even covered most of his window.

BH/CC

Stainless

Half doors? I have never seen such a thing other than the rear inserts used when runnung the 2 door configuration.
Front half doors?
I've never seen them however I'm in the process of making some out of some extra doors I have.....
BH/CC
Here's a picture of a truck running 1/2 doors. I've seen a few sets for sale but not recently.

Attachments

TedG

Here was my set that I made. A batch of them was made by me and sold off to a freind, he may still have some. pm me if you want.

Attachments

Haasino

I know a contractor who can cut and build a set of front half-doors for $300. PM me if interested and I'll put you in contact with him.

BLK HMMWV

Austin (Beltfed34) probably has some .
Do a search on Ebay under Austin Aviation or Beltfed 34
You don't need any in super great shape if your going to cut them up.
I used my worst pair and cut them up and skinned them with sheet metal.

BH

colt45727

Austin (Beltfed34) probably has some .
Do a search on Ebay under Austin Aviation or Beltfed 34
You don't need any in super great shape if your going to cut them up.
I used my worst pair and cut them up and skinned them with sheet metal.

BH

I tried austin aviation/ beltfed, but have not been able to get a hold of him and the doors he had available were taken off ebay. I have to agree about getting crap doors to cut up, but the only problem is finding some that arnt expensive or too nice to cut up. Any suggestions?

ari

half doors

I was thinking about getting some 2 man rear half door inserts, hinges, latches and making them functional half doors. The rear would seem rather easy to do but I would have to cut them to fit the front. has anyone attempted this if so how did it turn out?

ari

I don't wanna drop the $$$$ on x doors or bother with the popular auction website the inserts can be had cheap. just toying around with the idea

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks