• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for hmmwv half doors.

tomelroy

i got 4 sets of rear half doors last year. Now I am making the fronts. I am tired of cutting them by hand so I am going to make some drawings and have them lazer cut. That way i can make all the spacers and everything to make them legit. I need 4 sets to complete the rears I already have. I will post some pics once they are complete. Should be easy to have more made once they get things set up... I will have a proper armrest made as well.

Artisan

I know where there are several sets of the below for sale ;

PART#
57K3496
NSN 2540014348600

Looks like there is 2 full fabric doors and a rear cover vertical something
and I think some rails.

I think it is the parts for 2 door pick up style set up.
All NOS in plastic covered boxes that are like 3'x6'x7" in So Calif.
They probably weigh 40-50 pounds each or so.

NormB

Below are pictures of one of the front half doors libbster29 made for me. Just need to order the weather stripping and paint them.

~

~

HOLY RESURRECTED ZOMBIE POST BATMAN!

Coolness.

Did Libbster29 keep making these? Does he still make them? I'll find him here and ask directly, but those are awesome.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could make doors out of plywood, and cover with Aluminum sheet or fiberglass or carbon fiber. Buy door handles and door release mechanisms from flea bay. You can even make a fiberglass X pattern and make 1/2 inches fiberglass panels reenforced with wood or aluminum or steel.

Personally I would reenforce plywood with crossmembers and then skin with fiberglass. That also allows you make a fiberglass x pattern.

Best,

T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks