• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Fall Rausch Creek MV Rally!!!

c_clar

that was a blast!

im a little wet but that just makes it better;) had a great time and cant wait to get together again. big thanks to all for waitin on and helpin me out unloadin, hope it was worth all the bs gettin me goin. glad to here yall are makin it home with no trouble. ill be postin my pics and vids when i get to a high speed connection, eicsmaxwell on youtube has a few up and some pics on a new thred here i forgot his name (sorry) but he had the m37 which i was very impresed with by the way so thanks to you aswell. if you have pics or vids of my truck could you email them or the links to me? i would really appreciate it thanks again guys clarkcoffman29@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Angus1

Sorry I didnt go play with you guys,looks like you guys had a good time. I did make it down, but I wheeled my samurai. The pond you found, thats lake christy. Dont be to hurt, i dont know anybody whos gotten thought the whole thing.

Last edited:

c_clar

No damage found so far but I haven't gotten into takein stuff apart yet either well see what happens when I get the front and rear apart ill bet there's plenty of water and mud in there

powerhouseduece

No damage found so far but I haven't gotten into takein stuff apart yet either well see what happens when I get the front and rear apart ill bet there's plenty of water and mud in there

Might want to make a fording kit after all that! rofl

All the vids are on youtube, just waiting for them to be processed.

kassim503

Maybe just his pride? He was flushing off the mud from the hole you went through on Saturday. As tall as his truck is, he was pushing mud out of that hole with his front bumper.

Lance
Ooh wow thats some sloppy mud which side was it on? The big property or the new one across the street with the tight trails?

No.2Diesel

Hi!,

Wow where do I begin? What a great time!!! The weather was perfect! A big thanks to everyone who attended. I hope everyone had a safe trip home as many attendees had long roadmarches. Everyone's continued interest makes this event better and better. It seems everyone enjoyed each others company and helped each other out when they needed it...

There were several new faces and and many who returned for more fun. There were quite a few MVs present at the park that did not wheel with us as they were with other groups. The park was a little more crowded than last year but that didn't hamper our trail time etc. There were only one or two curmudgeon jeepers who didn't appreciate our presence on the trails. :cool:

Thank you to PaFarmer and THE ROAD once again for arriving early and reserving our camping spot. The parking/camping fills up quick. It was a great time for information exchange, general BSing, drinking etc.

Everyone got to test out their MVs on all sorts of terrain and we all got a good scare from time to time!! ;-) Some of us have sore thumbs and banged up elbows, I know I do! Powerhousedeuce's M818 now looks like a real workhorse with the headache rack and winch [thumbzup] C_Clar's Bobbed deuce project looked great and performed wonderfully.

For those who couldn't make it, you missed another amazing experience. If anyone has any suggestions for next year, post it here!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here's my personal trip summary for the weekend.

- Got a late start on Thursday and left home around 1600. Not having AM radio 1010 WINS in my Deuce I was unaware of the gridlock to come and did not change my routing accordingly.... a car had just broken down in the tunnel which caused a chain reaction of fun. We were thouroughly entertained however by all the hot women walking around and the various fashion shoots that were taking place on the street, downtown.

- Exiting the tunnel into NJ we had no more delays and the rest of the trip to RC was uneventful. Topped off at the ravine truck stop and arrived at camp at just about 2400, long night! Total tolls going Westbound to RC: $9.75 for the Delaware River crossing, no others.

- Departed RC on Sunday after a nice weekend at about 1230. Topped off fuel in Bloomsbury NJ just across the river. I noticed a low passenger side front tire so I filled it back up and we stopped at a restaurant and had dinner. Got out and saw that the tire was leaking fairly quickly so I changed out the bad tire. Having the geared lug wrench is great.

- Flew through the City ( a miracle for a Sunday evening, Eastbound ) and made it home at about 1945. Total tolls Eastbound to home: $24 for the Outerbridge Crossing to Staten Island.

I will post all the pics in the pics and vid thread....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks