• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Fall Rausch Creek MV Rally!!!

No.2Diesel

Hey!

Wow this year has flown by. I can't believe I forgot to start this year's event thread. Its getting closer to that time of year....Please consider attending the:

4th Annual Steel Soldiers Military Vehicle Rally at Rausch Creek Offroad Park

October 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th. Just 25 min. North of Ft. Indiantown Gap west of I-81.

If you are new here or have never participated here are some highlights:

- Organized convoy routes/groups to and from RC
- Camping on site is free (comfy accomodations are also available close by)
- Main offroad park assemblage is 1,750 +/- acres of trails of various difficulties
- Trails can accomodate MVs of all sizes, shapes etc.
- Alcohol is permitted after wheeling for the day
- Parts swapping sales etc.

....and NEW for 2010!! 1,250 additional acres have been added to the park!

Please go to Rausch Creek Off Road Park for more information about directions, fees etc.

Mark it on your calendar!! Please see the Rally Sub-Forum to view Rallies of the past.

||
||
\/

- No.2Diesel + bruder --------- NY -- M35A2, M923 ------------------------------------------ Firewood & Kindling, Bier
- Powerhousedeuce + wife -- MD -- M818, M105 -------------------------------------------- Blender
- PaFarmer ---------------------- PA -- M35A2 or XJ Jeep
- Rideni --------------------------- MD -- vehicle? ----------------- (maybe)
- OldChev4x4 + son ----------- PA -- M1008, M101A1 ----- (maybe)
- MidnightDuramax ------------ NJ -- M818
- Chieftawny -------------------- PA -- vehicle? ------------------ (maybe)
- LanceRobson ------------------ NY -- M35A2 or M1008CUCV
- maddawg308 ----------------- VA -- M35A2 ---------------------------------------------------- Cigars, Beer
- Kassim503 --------------------- NY -- M1009
- THEROAD ----------------------- NJ -- M35A2
- c_clar ---------------------------- PA -- M35A2 Bobber ------------------------------------------- 379 Pete/Stepdeck
- Wozdirt -------------------------- PA -- M35A2
- MAXM37 ------------------------- PA -- M37 --------------------------------------------------------- Brew
- StoneMill ------------------------ PA -- M35A2
- 5Tonpuller ----------------------- NY -- M543A2, M1061A2
- Xs10tial ------------------------- MD -- M1008 CUCV
- Camogriz ------------------------ NY -- M1009 CUCV
- Musclecars664 ----------------- VA -- M1028 CUCV
- USAWEAPON777 -------------- PA -- M1008 CUCV
-

Attachments

Last edited:

powerhouseduece

About **** time! Wish I would have sent you a message earlier about the dates. I can only attend Friday through Sunday due to work, had you picked the weekend before, I could have made it the whole trip. This year it will be,

Me+wife in the 818 with a m105.(will have blender!)

OLDCHEV4X4

IF my sf97 shows up soon, And IF Pendot process's it in a timely manner, I will be there.
M1008 with a M101 in tow.
Me and a navigator. (dont know who that is yet).
Dam it feels good to write this.

LanceRobson

Hmm...I'll put it on the calender and hope I'm caught up enough on work to wriggle free.

I suspect I'll bring one of the deuces, I think you maniacs would lead me down some trails that would get the M813A1 dinged up.

Of course that's the first week of deer archery season here and there's a darn good looking buck with 8-9" tines hanging out in our woods. If no one has bagged him yet I may be out trying to put him on the family room wall.

Lance

No.2Diesel

Hi,

I know Wolf.Dose will be there in spirit! I enjoy the pics you post of your offroad rallies.

It would be really nice to see that M813 Lance. Do they allow crossbow up by you during bow season? Someones gotta bring some deer backstrap to eat... :drool:

Attachments

LanceRobson

Hi,

It would be really nice to see that M813 Lance. Do they allow crossbow up by you during bow season? Someones gotta bring some deer backstrap to eat... :drool:
My concern with the M813A1 is the turning radius. I guess that if we still have permission to whack a few (dozen) trees I could bring an adult size chainsaw and get rid of a few trees but the experience of the last few years with 5 ton cargo and tractor trucks makes me fear for the body work a bit.

Strangely enough, I sit on both the Fish and Wildlife Management Board and the Conservation Fund Advisory Board here in the great People's Republic of New York and, yes, the crossbow was just approved for big game hunting. The legislation got pretty watered down though. It will not be legal until next year and they cannot be used during archery season. It kind of defeats the purpose but we'll try to expand it in a year.

That said, I've got a fair stock of back straps and other tender bits in the freezers. If you sweet talk enough me I might be willing to thaw some round roasts and load the smokehouse with a batch of jerky......

Lance

TenGAUGE

WOW.... I have always wanted to go to one of these but something always comes up. I have been wanting to purchase a CUCV or something, this would give me some ideas. Maybe next year I will be able to go and browse.

As far as the 800 series trucks. We hit alot of trails in the spring and I had my M818 on 16-r20 and no body damage at all. It was a great time and plan on bringing it out again for the fall.

LanceRobson

As far as the 800 series trucks. We hit alot of trails in the spring and I had my M818 on 16-r20 and no body damage at all. It was a great time and plan on bringing it out again for the fall.
Yeah but an M818 has a smaller turning radius than an M813A1 W/W. Weren't you the guy hung up for a while with a tree inside the front bumper?

That said, are you the RC participant who was going to Penn Tech.? Our youngest child, AKA the #5 son, had his first day of classes today and he's one happy camper. He's wanted to be a heavy equipment mechanic and operator since he was four years old and has never wavered.

Lance

Chieftawny

Penn Tech is a very good school! Thats where i was going to go till i decided the week before starting that i didn't want to freeze in the winter and sweat my butt off in the summers. Couple of my buddies went there, and loved it! Your son will get a great education there!

Not me I had the M818 with the 8" stacks and air ride seats. As for the school my girlfriends brother is just finishing his last symester at Penn Tech for an equipment operator and says it is great there. This symester is all machine time in a quary there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks