• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10kw genset voltage regulator/Hygrovane questions

shadow

DR said I would need a voltage regulator. I tried looking at Saturn surplus but they show Sold-Out and that there are 2 differant ones. Does anyone know a ball park price on these and where I could locate one?

Also, where could I find a manual online or a book for this genset? It is stamped TM 5-6115-275-14&24p on the plate but I can't find a site that lists this number.

I am hoping to use this genset to power my welder and an air compressor I need to pickup that is 240V. I don't know if it is 1 or 3 phase so that is an issue to figure out. I can't get a reply from hydrovane to find out ANY info on our unit. Would anyone by chance on here know anything about them? weight/psi/cfm/life of unit?

all I know is:
Manufacturer: HYDROVANE
Model: 120CK
Serial Number: 20hv329815

I found a pic online of one like mine but the one pictured is in bad shape, missing parts. Mine is 10 times nicer and is still hooked up ready to run.

http://www.flsales.com/photos/fullsize/TAG7216.jpg

If i was to describe it I would say the time it takes for the small portable compressor of 3-5 gallons to max out, it would take the hydrovane about 3 or 4 seconds to make the same. We used it for our sand/media blasting for cars, large & small cabnet blasting in another room, room air vaccume, and the air supply line for the operator all at the same time and never had a problem with it. It was hooked to a tank that is about as long as the unit is and I'm not sure of the gallon size. Maybe 100 or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shadow, the regulator is easily repairable if its the open frame type. Open the front panel and look on the inside. On the bottom to your left is a rectangular item botled to the bottom. Thats the regulator. I think Cranetruck has a part number for the foul item in the regulator. The manuals are availabe on logsa. There is one for the genset and one for the engine. Take a pic of that regulator and I'll tell you if thats the one. I have the manuals but they are quite large, bigger than most email will let you send. If our HMFIC webmaster approves, I can start putting genset manuals up on the site but only as needed. There is also a rotary switch inside the compartment that allows you to select phase and line options. You can thank Cranetruck for the regulator repairs, I gave him a genset with a bad regulator and he fixed it in less time that it takes to change the oil. Should anyone else have a stash of bad regulators, save em, they're going to be worth some jack repaired. Word of advice, when you get the genset operational, don't idle the thing. The engine has a governor override that allows you to idle the engine but that's what frys the regulators.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Bjorn, I got it and the soap. Pretty cool stuff. Wonder what other scents could be applied. Again, thanks for the parts, very helpful.
Kenny

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, the TM 5-6115-275-14 and -24P are in the TM section. I'll bring up the 5KW, 3KW and 1.5 KW as I can. At that time I'll also bring in the TMs for the engines on these sets.

shadow

I went and took some pics the best I could before it got dark.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....&fid=153&viewkey=&template=slideshow&iid=1164
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....&fid=153&viewkey=&template=slideshow&iid=1165

I really hope this is the open frame type that can be fixed. If it's not, ... lie to me and say it is. :D lol

It looks like the one in the drawing from the post that cranetruck linked me too.

You guys are excellent! [thumbzup]

Thank You mangus580 for letting recovry4x4 post the TM's. :D

Thank You Recovry4x4 for posting the TM's :D

and Thank You cranetruck for the link to more info about this unit. :D

:jumpin: I feel I am getting close to getting this running. :jumpin:

shadow

I seem to have had a tuff time searching the web for a place that sells the regulators. I was looking for transistor: 2N5631, 140 V / 16 Amp that Cranetruck listing in the post he linked me to. I tried ebay just to see if there was any listed and found a seller with a pack of 10 for $15 + shipping on a buy-it-now auction. Seeing as how I was the 1st person to view the page (per the page counter on the bottom) I decided to get them. I was hoping for something cheeper but I will have spairs incase I mess up and burn one up.

Now for another silly question, are these things soldered on? There was no pics so I have no idea what they look like and how to replace/put them on without brakeing something. I do know from reading so far:

[Remove the regulator to gain access to the transistor which is installed in a socket on the side. It's in a socket held in place with two small screws. Be careful with the mica insulating washer. There is also some white thermal compound present, don't wipe it off the mica washer. The pins on the transistor case are offset to one side so it will only fit one way.]

DR said I would need a voltage regulator. I tried looking at Saturn surplus but they show Sold-Out and that there are 2 differant ones. Does anyone know a ball park price on these and where I could locate one?

Also, where could I find a manual online or a book for this genset? It is stamped TM 5-6115-275-14&24p on the plate but I can't find a site that lists this number.

I am hoping to use this genset to power my welder and an air compressor I need to pickup that is 240V. I don't know if it is 1 or 3 phase so that is an issue to figure out. I can't get a reply from hydrovane to find out ANY info on our unit. Would anyone by chance on here know anything about them? weight/psi/cfm/life of unit?

all I know is:
Manufacturer: HYDROVANE
Model: 120CK
Serial Number: 20hv329815

I found a pic online of one like mine but the one pictured is in bad shape, missing parts. Mine is 10 times nicer and is still hooked up ready to run.

http://www.flsales.com/photos/fullsize/TAG7216.jpg

If i was to describe it I would say the time it takes for the small portable compressor of 3-5 gallons to max out, it would take the hydrovane about 3 or 4 seconds to make the same. We used it for our sand/media blasting for cars, large & small cabnet blasting in another room, room air vaccume, and the air supply line for the operator all at the same time and never had a problem with it. It was hooked to a tank that is about as long as the unit is and I'm not sure of the gallon size. Maybe 100 or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello
I have two units TM 5-6115-275 MA -68-2893 MFD 8-70 MFR Jeta Power INC
6115-935-8632

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks