• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When talking about GL problems, we should all type "Government Liquidation" not "GL"

Chief_919

When talking about GL problems, we should all type "Government Liquidation" not "GL"

Simply typing out "Government Liquidation" instead of "GL" can change how seriously our complaints are taken.

It seems silly, but putting the full name in there will make a difference. When we all say GL, we know what and who we mean, but the search engines like Google do not. So when somebody is looking for information about Government Liquidation, none of what we say comes up in a search.

Bad press is never good. If half the first page of a search for "Government Liquidation" is complaints about them screwing up payments, damaging trucks, or otherwise screwing up, they are more likely to want to fix the problem. They could care less how much you complain about "GL"
as prospective new bidders looking around online will never see it.

It does seem simple, but it makes a huge difference. I know I have Google alerts set up to notify me whenever a new page is found by Google with the name of my store in it, and I pay attention to what is said. You better believe somebody from the marketing side of Government Liquidation is doing this as well. If we all say "GL", they never see the thread. "Old Grouch's Military Surplus" will get me an alert- OGMS won't.

In addition, this will bring more people to the site- lots of folks who Google "Government Liquidation Truck" or similar are more likely to find their way here the better this site indexes with those terms. Nobody searches for "GL Truck".

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with the sentiment to let others know about them, but disagree that it make one whit of difference to Government Liquidation or the people who run it. While I argue all the time that they DON'T have a monopoly it's still as close as you can get without being an actual monopoly.

Chief_919

I agree with the sentiment to let others know about them, but disagree that it make one whit of difference to Government Liquidation or the people who run it. While I argue all the time that they DON'T have a monopoly it's still as close as you can get without being an actual monopoly.
I dunno. Their contract is not forever, and has to be rebid and won again when it runs out. Bad press hurts that, and bad press can be used by others shooting for that contract to show that Government Liquidation fails to live up to what is required in the contract.

Complaints to DRMS, the DLA IG or a member of Congress can result in any of them doing a web search to see if anyone else has similar complaints. If you complain that Government Liquidation defaulted you on a lot because they never attempted to charge your credit card, then lied about it, if they can do a simple Google search and read a dozen accounts of people with the same problem your compliant will seem more credible.

In addition, they are a part of Liquidity Services, a company that shoots for many other contracts. Bad press hurst the abilty to get those other contracts.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Government Liquidation Blows2cents

Oldfart

I was surprised when I got my SF97's from Government Liquidators. Among the surprises, were the documents coming from Florida with the home office being in Arizona. I got charged Wyoming sales tax because my trailers were sold there. Colorado considers the trailers as coming from Florida since the SF 97's are issued from there. Never mind the Colorado Use Tax issues. The trailers I bought in Colorado and paid Colorado Sales tax on are considered by Colorado as being purchased in Florida. ~~ The other surprise was invoice and costs that were a part of the SF97. It appears that not only do I pay a buy fee, but the government pays a sell fee that is outrageous. I bid $1200 on a trailer and the Government gets just a little over $100? $300 winds up being something like $30. I don't have the exact amounts in front of me, but I was stunned at how little the government gets and how much Government Liquidators gets. It would seem the military could get a better return by selling everything for scrap prices. But wait, Government Liquidators gets most of that too.!!

Nonotagain

For my auction that closed yesterday, I used a long time PayPal account for the payment method for the first time.

I emailed my EUC and driver license picture first thing this AM, then waited for Government Liquidations to open. I did the live chat, had them verify that the EUC was received and asked about the PayPal payment status. BTW, my EUC is already at Battle Creek.

My invoice kept being posted as WAITING for payment info. After lunch I again checked status, as I wanted to make sure that everything went smooth with PayPal as the funding source. An hour later I checked the account to find that PayPal rejected it. I checked my PayPal account then called PayPal only to find that there was no attempt by Government Liquidations to charge the account.

I called Government Liquidations and asked for the transaction number that would have been generated, and was told that they did not have access to that information. How can they not have access to the transaction number? My PayPal account does not show any attempt at charging the account. I am about getting tired of having to spend a couple of hours at following up on the EUC and the funding of purchases when Government Liquidations can't provide me with the information to find out where the problem is occurring.

The Live Chat folks are great people, but the management of Government Liquidations is not forthcoming with information that can settle disputes without drama.

I don't want someone to hold my hand, I want honesty. If they screwed up, own up to it and life goes on, otherwise it's time to get my Congress critter involved, as I'm done with Government Liquidations until change occurs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks