• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extreme Expedition Vehicle

quickfarms

Is there a generator mounted in the toolbox under the drivers door.

this is a nice build but I would cary a pair of spare tires mounted on the back of the box.

did they ever comr up with a web site?

jmoneysmithmas

old thread but wondering if any updates and trip logs..?

mike W

Hey guys, sorry for the long hiatus. I have been travelling a lot, and just got back home from a 3 month work venture in California (thought I'd go somewhere warm this winter). I got a hard top (from boyce equipment in Utah CLICK HERE) to be installed next week, and will get some photos of how I setup the van with work bench, desk, and shelving. It's nothing fancy- just plywood, 2x4's and 2x6's, but I'm a big fan of photos too, so I'll gladly share.

As things have worked out, Gladys has only been used in summer months, so there hasn't been any other radical customization made (besides an engine block heater). I did remove the CTIS, and had my tires sealed and replaced the valves with loader valve stems with adapters so I can inflate with a standard automobile tire inflator.

There is a good chance Gladys and I will be working in North Dakota in the next month or so. I'm awaiting some confirmation on a couple projects this week. Thus far, Gladys has been an invaluable tool- as my field office/job trailer on remote heavy construction projects. I'll get some new photos up this week. Stay tuned!

jmoneysmithmas

Hey guys, sorry for the long hiatus. I have been travelling a lot, and just got back home from a 3 month work venture in California (thought I'd go somewhere warm this winter). I got a hard top (from boyce equipment in Utah CLICK HERE) to be installed next week, and will get some photos of how I setup the van with work bench, desk, and shelving. It's nothing fancy- just plywood, 2x4's and 2x6's, but I'm a big fan of photos too, so I'll gladly share.

As things have worked out, Gladys has only been used in summer months, so there hasn't been any other radical customization made (besides an engine block heater). I did remove the CTIS, and had my tires sealed and replaced the valves with loader valve stems with adapters so I can inflate with a standard automobile tire inflator.

There is a good chance Gladys and I will be working in North Dakota in the next month or so. I'm awaiting some confirmation on a couple projects this week. Thus far, Gladys has been an invaluable tool- as my field office/job trailer on remote heavy construction projects. I'll get some new photos up this week. Stay tuned!
SORRY!!! I thought this was my sub-zero oil field truck thread. I'm an idiot... shouldn't have posted this; the threads are very similar in content. Nevermind me! :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks