• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1944 4 Ton Diamond T Wrecker

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
Here are a few photos of my other WWII MV: 1944 4 Ton Diamond T Wrecker. The photos were taken at misc. truck shows and MV shows over the past several years. It is a fun truck to drive[thumbzup] although it is a bit slow and consumes lots of gas!!! (3.1 mpg) It has the original 529 cu. in. Hercules RXC engine. The double front bumbers were on the truck when I bought it several years ago. That was a MWO sometime in late 44 or early 45. They had a problem with the Diamond T pushing up against the front bumper of a CCKW and the CCKW tow hooks would get stuck under the Diamond T bumper. I got the unit markings from a local WWII Veteran I met at a local meet. He drove 4 ton Diamond T wreckers during WWII and was in the 479th Amphib. Trk. Co. He had a couple photos of his old truck. After I painted his old unit markings on my truck I drove it over to his house and took him for a ride. You should have seen the smile that old guys face! He was very surprised to see a Diamond T wrecker pull up in front of his house!
Enjoy,
Steve:driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know where one of those is and I really want to bring it home, but I don't have enough time for the trucks I currently own! Sweet ride.

68t

Thanks steve, for the greats pictures. I like the ww2 M.V. the best. These vehicles help change all our life,s , Also the world. Thanks to the ww2 veterans. I still would like to owne your ww2 low bed trailer, so i can haul my half tracks. :-D

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Jay Leno shows off his 1946 IH fuel truck
and it has the same kinda crank for the AC.
[thumbzup]
roflYou "young whippersnappers" are giving your age away! When I was your age, all cars/trucks had either a crank to open the windshield or a lever to open a cowl vent. (Dual windshield wipers, radios, heaters, automatic transmissions, were extra-cost options. Air conditioning was unheard of, and many cars still had mechanical brakes. I can also remember driving cars/trucks without electric starters and with brakes on the rear wheels only. Shocking that such vehicles were allowed on the roads, ain't it? ;) )

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks