• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

100 day club...

linx310

Sigh...looks like I am going to become a member of the 100 day + EUC club. I am at 99 days today since it was sent to battle creek.

Several phone calls and emails later and still no results....lol

So much for rebuilding my CUCV as a summer project. Officially my summer ends next week.

Funny how I have machine gun transfers go quicker then this...

Kohburn

at 112 days I sent an email to the DLA and 2 weeks later i had my paid in-full invoice.

it would have been longer if i hadn't contacted them - the holdup was that GL never sent the proper demil paperwork to battle creek, and battle creek was just sitting there waiting for it.

To get to this point, I just went to the DLA website (DLA Disposition Services) and clicked on the Contact Us link. I sent them a very quick email on my situation, and then followed up with the sales # and my address listed on file with GL. The above was the result.

kennys@wi.rr.com

100+ here and I even contacted DLA. Funny how the email I got was the same, except for my name, as the letter others on here got. Even from the same person, Becky I believe it was. At this point I think I may aim for the Guinness book for the longest ever EUC. Gotta dream big.

100+ here and I even contacted DLA. Funny how the email I got was the same, except for my name, as the letter others on here got. Even from the same person, Becky I believe it was. At this point I think I may aim for the Guinness book for the longest ever EUC. Gotta dream big.
The best part is, Kenny is no more ready for his recovery today than he was 100+ days ago. Oh wait, he did buy a lug wrench at Iola.[thumbzup]

linx310

Yea I emailed DLA also...Battlecreek even called me! They said I was 4 or 5 on the list and it would take few weeks.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, Tim at Jackson watches everything like a hawk. Still had tools in the box, and 4 brand new dogbones in the cab and complete set of motor/transmission mounts, plus a ladder. I went over every month or so and started it up, and whispered grand stories of the day I finally will come to take her away... lol.

I got mine from sale 5073. I was in the 150 day club.

Last trucks from 5073 at the GAP.
Ahh... yes. Sale 5073. I never will forget that number. It will be with me until the day I die. Had 4 deuces on that sale. The almanac said be ready for a long wait, but I didn't pay attentionto the almanac that year. Wish I had.
Since then, I have been a real pain in the arse to GL as soon as it gets to 60 days at BC. I request, no actually demand, a full refund on business day #60. So far I have only lost one XM813 with this method, and knock on wood, my EUCs seem to clear a whole lot faster. Imagine if we all stuck to this routine. I am quite sure GL would figure out a way to get the EUCs cleared a lot faster after having to re-list 50% of their auctions. Incidently, I think the little fire on some of the auctions indicates they have been relisted - probably some of you are saying "duh", but for me, the simplest things cann be amazing...

been over 114 days for my euc...aua
Yep, you should have demanded a refund about 54 days ago. You probably would have lost the item, but you wouldn't be waiting any longer for your EUC to clear, the item would be relisted and you possibly could have it for less, and I can just about guarantee any future EUCs you present with will clear ASAP. Since I got the refund for that XM813, none of my EUCs have taken more than 3 weeks to clear. Most of them take less than 10 days now. Kind of makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, not unlike a shot o' Jack #7 on a cold and blustery day.:roll::?:mrgreen::cookoo:

condor16

I'm a 100-day club member! After reading the advice on here, I contacted GL and DLA at about 70 days. No help from GL ("Your request is at BC and you'll be notified when it clears")

DLA, on the other hand, took my info and called me back 2 working days later. At least they were able to confirm that my EUC was still in the system and being processed.

Question for the group: GL called me at day 99 to ask if I wanted to continue with the sale... I bought a M1009 on 9/03, and I'd hoped to have it in hand by now. With the wait to get an SF-97 after I pick it up, it doesn't look like this thing will be legal on the road this winter. I've seen some other M1009s since September, some nicer than mine, others looking similar but selling for a little less... Is it time to cancel this sale and apply 100+ days of 2nd-hand knowledge from reading this board to looking for a better deal?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks