• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spotted a cannon? while getting gas for my bobbed deuce

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Did you check to see if there was a king pin collar on the trailer so no one could back up under it.

I would say that dropping that load in an unsecured area could not only get a driver fired but also a cellmate in Levenworth that would rub him like a lamp and call him Genie.

I'd hate to have to call dispatch and say "Hey Earl....you remember that BFG I pulled out of the yard yesterday???...Well you ain't gonna beleive this chit......."

rorybellows

jodies takin it like hes takin yer girl

i hope 1) nobody stole it, and
2) someone got their ass chewed/ fired for leaving a ****ing cannon all by its lonesome.

not only is that an expensive piece of firepower, its a god**** cannon...

that driver shoulda called somebody to guard it or at least keep an eye on it while hes gettin his truck fixed/eating dinner/blown?!

Elwenil

I presume that she's in the "transport configuration" and that when deployed the barrel would be rotated 180 degrees so that the tongue would be the stabilizer. Also "expanded" for towing to use the barrel as a counterweight, thus reducing tongue weight/loading by shifting the center of gravity over the axle. Notice that in the "compressed configuration" the muzzle hangs beyond the lunette and would prevent towing with a duece, 5-ton, or anything else with a tailgate or box overhanging the pintle hook.

These are just observations.... and presumptions... Any confirmation or counterpoints out there ? ? ? ?

Judging by the information at the link Maynard83 posted, the barrel is in the storage configuration. For towing and firing, the barrel must face forward.

Flyingvan911

To be honest, if I had driven up and saw that, I'd probably call local law enforcement. It is too easy to steel that trailer. A collar around the king pin can be broken by backing into the trailer a few times. I can't imagine the military would tolerate that gun being left unguarded.

bkwudzhom

Question:
If you find an abandoned weapon and have the local LEO's "Run" the numbers--how long do you have to wait before you can claim it?:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks