• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who is going to buy this???

Stalwart

I don't think you could give me a Saracen. Weak transmission, trouble prone dual hyd. system, 160 hp engine (it's an 8 cylinder Rolls but it's underpowered for the weight of the vehicle) full time 6 wheel drive, a VERY low effective top speed and drum brakes that are marginal.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
V-100, sure. That thing, I don't know. If I had the cash, I wouldn't buy it. I'd buy something American. Just who I am I guess.

m880 unimog

sarries look good but are as stolly suggests-truly awful-we thought about hot rodding one a way back-as these were super cheap here about 12 years ago-we decided the world wasn,t ready for a six wheeled armoured lowrider.

dmetalmiki

The negative comments have it right! We had those in cyprus..A right bag of c..p, Wheels fell off it you hit a bump to deep or too hard..fuel system POOR ,transmission , POOR, road handling POOR, reliability POOR , (fell over on anything like hard coners!, some of those were supposed to be multifuel, (after you altered the timing set the pump altered this and that..faf faf..(in the field in an emergeancy??)...(what) Brakes , POOR, Like the stalwart permenant all wheel drive and CONSTANT (snap!) wind up!..other than that , they were a good! vehicle!

B3.3T

The Fox was the Ferret replacement. Saladins served with Ferrets in the Heavy Recon role. They are the same era as Ferrets.

L1A1

V-100, sure. That thing, I don't know. If I had the cash, I wouldn't buy it. I'd buy something American. Just who I am I guess.

I don't know what they are selling that Saracan for but, you could buy three or four of them for the price of a single V100. I really like the US stuff as well but it's just way out there price wise. Like most on this thread, I've had the opertunaty to buy one but passed for already stated reasons.

For something different,' think I might like one of these; http://media.photobucket.com/image/images of Dutch YP408/keessturm/Trado_YP408.jpg Don't know much about them.

Matt

L1A1

Think it would be kind of hypocritical of me to try and talk someone out of this as I own a Ferret Mk.1/2 (00EA85). What I would advise is to throughly do your research on the particular MV (or anything, for that matter) that you plan to buy. There's one of those for sale south of me that I personally think the owner wants too much for it and it supposedly has mechanical (drive line) issues (also hasn't moved in years).

Hilber
Thanks. I have two L1A1s an Aussie & a Brit.
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks