• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$12 CUCV amp solution!

colelkhunter

also just FYI, you don't have to buy an amp like this to use your ipod to drive an amp. Radio shack sells a Y-rca mp3 cable that will connect your ipod/iphone to any RCA jack. This the input used on any car audio amp. Buy any amp and use this cable and good to go. Still a good deal for what you are getting but if you are like me and already have an amp to use, just go to radio shack and buy that cable.

linx310

also just FYI, you don't have to buy an amp like this to use your ipod to drive an amp. Radio shack sells a Y-rca mp3 cable that will connect your ipod/iphone to any RCA jack. This the input used on any car audio amp. Buy any amp and use this cable and good to go. Still a good deal for what you are getting but if you are like me and already have an amp to use, just go to radio shack and buy that cable.
That thing is the amp...my CUCV has no radio or any thing. It is wired directly to the speakers...

colelkhunter

i understand that............what I am trying to say is, the only thing that makes that amp any different from any other car audio amp is the AUX. input. (what you plug your ipod into). You can use any amp with the cables listed above. No radio, just ipod-amp-speakers just like you have.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Figured I would ressurect this thread as I just ordered a similar amp and some marine box speakers for behind the seat in my M1008. Wil post up when the stuff arrives.:-@

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It didn't. The cheap arse amp would be best served as a pre-amp. I should know better. The plan is not dead, just need to de-cheap myself and buy something a little better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks