• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Bought a Mog

FM5332FF

It is a 404 Radio Truck, I will be heading up to Ga to pick it up on Tuesday. Im going to take the radio box off of the back and mount it on a 105 Trailer Chassis and build a custom bed for the mog. It needs a new top and engine covers but they will be ordered before i get home from Ga There will be many more photos in the near future...
:p

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I admire your desire for a challenge. Who in their right mind would want a truck that you can just jump in and drive to a rally, then gut the heck out of it and drive it home. If you aren't doing roadside repairs or trail fixes, you ain't living! Looks good Chris! Maybe you should leave it in place and get it during rally time!

SixSpeed

Banned
I admire your desire for a challenge. Who in their right mind would want a truck that you can just jump in and drive to a rally, then gut the heck out of it and drive it home. If you aren't doing roadside repairs or trail fixes, you ain't living! Looks good Chris! Maybe you should leave it in place and get it during rally time!
Man no love for Mogs ITT. LOL

My Mog never left me on the side of the road, not once. And I beat the crap out of it, really sturdy trucks once you get the gas engine sorted. Gasoline motors and offroading usually don't get along. Just requires some modifications.

FM5332FF

Thats what the M813a1 is for, the next winter rally it will be towing the mog behind it.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,

Welcome to the Unimog sickness. There's no cure. Add the green vehicle sickness and you are hopeless. You'll enjoy your radio truck. I have enjoyed mine for 13 years!

You might be surprised how convenient a package the 404 Unimog is with the radio box left intact. A great package as-is.

BTW, when you say you will tow it, you mean on a trailer, right??

Here's a picture of my 404 radio truck.

Bob

Attachments

FM5332FF

tennmogger, Yes on a trailer, Wayne Im going to turn the radio box into a camper, Im going to make it so that if I want to put it back on the mog I will still be able to remove the custom bed and replace it with the camper. Pete on the way back home depending on how late it is i might stop by your place to pick up those parts i need for my 5 ton.

davidkroberts

I really miss my 404. It was by far the best 4x4 ive ever owned. If i was you i would replace the points ignition with a Petronix unit. I got much better performance out of mine once i did. I also converted the stock tires to 11.00 by 20 michelins and got a bit more road speed and better offroad performance. But it made the already slow unimog even more sluggish at high speeds.

If i get another one i will sell the wife before i sell my unimog again. I almost cried when she left.

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey Guys, FM5332FF and I just settled into a hotel just north of Atlanta, GA. Drove up to TN (about a mile north of the GA border) to get the truck today, pretty uneventful I suppose, and that is a good thing!

Truck is really nice, its a later 404, a 1974 model it would appear. Very original, still has a lot of neat things on it. Also has trailer air brakes, and some other very interesting modifications that I haven't seen before. We haven't had a chance to look it over in the daylight, so tomorrow before we make the haul back to Florida we will do some investigating.

Attachments

tm america

nice looking mog.I like them with the box on there ... that one still has the gun mount on the dash... nice find.One day i will have one of my own:jumpin:

deuceiswild

Good luck with the MOG I love them but all i got left is the axles. my bro made off with the radio truck and took the box off and built a custom bed for his and cantilever shocks. It was kind of like gastric bypass after the box was removed and the frame was bobbed. definitly go with the better ignition and add propane you will be very pleased with the result.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks