• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Norway

pete359

Hi all!
My name is Kenneth, and I live in Norway.

Just bought myself an 58year old M135 w/winch, that I am hoping to get roadlegal for some fun later on.
(Pictures in my album)
Not much to look at at the moment, but are going to give it a new paintjob asap.

Found this site in my search for some info about my 1952 GMC M135.
Hope to find what I am seartching for here. If not, this must be the place to ask questions ;-)

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site Kenneth,
That is a fine M135 you have there.
Also you English is 1 billion times better than my Norse.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers. You will find a wealth of information and support here. You can also find a lot of information by using the search function on posts. You live in a nice country - I've had the pleasure of spending a lot of time in Norway in the past.

pete359

Question:
How can you tell if the truck got silicone-brakefluid or regular brakefluid?
My buddy needs to add fluid to his truck.

I know I should not mix silicone-brakefluid with regular brakefluid.

armytruck63

One way to tell whether or not you have silicone brake fluid is to purposely drip some on a painted piece of metal. If the brake fluid effects the paint and causes it to bubble or wrinkle, you have regular non-silicone DOT 3 brake fluid. If there is no effect on the paint, you probably have DOT 5 silicone brake fluid.

Non silicone DOT 3 brake fluid also has a much stronger smell.

Welcome to the site and you have a nice truck!

Last edited:

Varyag

Water test:

Take a sample an put it in some water.

Shake it up like mad and let it set. If it combines into solution then it is dot 3 if it separates then it is dot 5.

Dot 5 will not mix with water, dot 3 will absorb it.

Welcome to the site and hobby! Son married a girl with Norwegian roots and my daughter married a guy with Norwegian roots. we lost a daughter with Finnish roots to a Norwegian but gained a daughter who is back in the "Finnish camp when my son married her!! Guess we came out even. The site is great and the members are awsome! Enjoy!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks