• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Norway

70deuce

Pete359 welcome. Maybe you can help me out with some translation of some dash and instrument markings on my 1988 BV206. Through Hagglunds I have determined that my unit was delivered to the Norweigan Defense Forces in December of 1988. How it got over here no one knows. I do know I can't read any of the markings. I'll send some pictures of the stuff we can't figure out if you don't mind.

Attachments

pete359

Pete359 welcome. Maybe you can help me out with some translation of some dash and instrument markings on my 1988 BV206. Through Hagglunds I have determined that my unit was delivered to the Norweigan Defense Forces in December of 1988. How it got over here no one knows. I do know I can't read any of the markings. I'll send some pictures of the stuff we can't figure out if you don't mind.
I sure can try, send me pictures and I will help you in any way I can.

armytruck63

I would use leaded fuel if you have a choice. In case the '52 GMC 302 doesn't have hardened valve seats (I don't know), the lead in the gas will act as a cushion to help prevent vavle seat wear.

pete359

Thanks for quick reply, armytruck63!
I did put unleaded fuel additive in the fuel from the start, since the truck is almost 60 years I figured this would be the best thing to do before I was sure.
And I will continue with the unleaded fuel additive.

armytruck63

You shouldn't need the lead additive with leaded gas. In the US, leaded gasoline hasn't been sold for a number of years. If you use too much lead additive, you will start to get deposits on your spark plugs.

Stan Leschert

Unleaded fuel, with the additive is mandatory... unless you want to maintain an ongoing and expensive realtionship with your valves. From what I've found, every 3rd tank needs to have the additive, but if you can, every tank sure won't hurt. Remember what fuel these trucks were designed to run on, and act acordingly.

If you have questions, I will try to help you, as my limited knowledge allows.
I was trained on the MLVW, which was our replacement for the M135, but I am re-learning real quick!

Anyways, Hilsen, Fra Canada!

Last edited:

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site and looking forward to progress reports on your GMC, best of luck!

From the High Desert

RangerBob

Hallo!

Where did you find your truck?

Never been to Rudshøgda, but I've spent some time in Kongsberg, Tromso, Kirkenes, AND Longyearbyen/Kongsfjord Svalbaard. Lots of Russian equipment up there at the time. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the incorrect spelling of the place names, but neither my memory nor my keyboard have the correct characters. :doh:

Last edited:

pete359

The truck is a part of the equipment the Canadian Forces left behind up north.
This equipment was sold on tender of the Norwegian military to private individuals back in the late 80's i belive.

I found the truck sitting at a guy in Nes Hedmark (Just a few miles from here) and bought it. Cheep!:-D Just around 500 USD or 3000 NKR

Your spelling of the place names is just fine, I understand what places you mean ;)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks