• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After Action Report for Gathering eight

m816

Just wanted to give a shortend AAR for this years Gathering. The Untouchable almost made it under its own power untill we got to Indiantown Gap Pa. We were rolling along when the engine gave a litltle hickup then a loud bang and it lost all power whe the engine quit. We brought it to a safe stop along I 81 and pit out the tiangles. Linda turned it over while I examined the oil soake engine for the damage. Seems we blew the govenor housing on the injector pump. Could have been a lot worse. Any way, the rest of the Jersey Crew was already at the hotel and we did a brainstorm and were going to load it on Sammies trailer but that is a real busy highway and we would have had to flat tow it to the th next rest area befor we could load it up so we elected to flat tow it all the way to Carlisle. 40 Miles. Nko problems But we were watche very closely bu a Black hawk Helo probably bro FT Indiantowngap. Shiela and Doug were not too sure but I bet the were recoginized by the pilot. as they all served together in the sandbox together. We were all tricked out in the parking lot with a towbar hanging off the front bumper. I missed all the good convoys to Gettysburg and the show over at the fairgrounds. There was a truck show going on at the same time. We were featured along with monster trucks this year and I understand we were well recieved by the attendees. We got a chance to gossip witha lot of old friends and met some new ones and were able to get towed t the final picture in the fields at the back of the Hotel so we wern't shut out all together. John Tennis loaded us on the back of his trailer with no help from Bill Peasley and then hauled us up RT 15 all the way to our place in Rockstream NY which is just north of Watkins Glenn NY. The trip was all up hill from Carlisle. I am sure we never went dwon a hill for more than two miles total. The whole thing broke up on Sat but we moved out on Sunday morning. Uncle Meat broke down on the way home and it looks like we blew the rear main seal on the Angel. Ace of Spades lost an alternator. Wild thing ran out of fuel and needed a tow alsoI think that was the worst of it The best news was that John Tennis got in touch with Saturn Surplus who no longer has a store but only sell over the internet and via phone. He got the owner to come down on hios day off and bring out an engine that we got some parts from . At great savings also. I hate to advertise a business but if anyone needs Military Truck parts, Keep Saturn Surplus in mind . There is more to the story,but yoy have to go to the 54 livinhistory site over on Multipy to read it all. Thanks Vinny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks