• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Counterfeit ARB Lockers

Unforgiven

I wouldn't say $1000 per differential is "too good to be true." And even if it were, how is that the consumer's fault to want the best price he can find? Isn't that the whole point of capitalism?

Whether it's Chinese or American fraud, it's still fraud. It should be investigated & stopped.

You can't blame the consumer for blatant, criminal fraud. If I see an ARB for $1100 from one retailer and the same ARB for $950 from another retailer of course I'll go with the cheaper price. But that's assuming they are both real ARB, identical products.

If grocery store A has Jif peanut butter for $3 and grocery store B has the same jar of Jif for $7 why in the world would you buy it from store B? But then if you come to find out that store A's peanut butter is really half corn starch, made in Mexico, and contains dangerous pesticides how is that your fault? They both said Jif & looked identical.

I don't see how going with the better deal shifts the blame for fraud to the consumer. Without competition you get price gouging. If it says ARB it should be an ARB. Anything different is criminal fraud. And whoever is perpetrating the fraud needs to be held accountable.

BlizzardX23

Totally agree with your last post Unforgiven!

To the comment about Americas wanting cheap stuff...That may be the case, but when they ASK for cheap knockoffs because they cant afford the real thing, they KNOW they are getting cheap knockoffs....that is COMPLETELY different then purchasing an item which is disguised as something completely different!

fastfreddy

I agree with blizzard and unforgiven and capitalism has it's abuse just like anything else but using the abusers as the example or model for capitalism is just not right.

I go to extreme measures to find american made products and if I find something I need that is made in china I just go without until I can find it american made. Some items you just can't find made in america anymore and at that point you have to decide how bad you want or need it.

I just refuse to fund our enemies and keep americans out of work so I avoid foreign made products but chinese in particular since they have bad intentions for us at some point down the road.

As for wallyworld I have turned every product in their stores upside down and 90% are made out of the USA unlike menards who has a made in america product next to most foreign made products so you have a choice for the most part.

Our small towns are now ghost towns due to the cheap chinese products that are pushed by WM and the mom and pop stores are all gone and those business owners had to go find jobs that pay enough to support a family, I have been told that those ex-business owners should go work for WM but you can't support a family on those wages. I do blame the people for seeking out those cheap made and cheap in price products and at least in my community the people regret it now they really do.

To make it sound like capitalism breeds nothing but crooks isn't fair nor accurate and when the USA made the majority of it's own products it was a better place and we made excellent quality products.

The new generation "I have to have it now" mentality has opened the market up to cheap quality and price merchandise and the plastic or credit card generation can't grasp the idea that saving up until you can afford things is the proper way to do things and live within your means but it's all instant gratification and deep debt these days.

If I buy a product that is labeled ARB I should feel comfortable that I will be getting that product but there seems to be a lack of accountability for these foreign companies and mainly those made in china for whatever reason.

If I buy JKL lockers (fictional brand) instead of the ARB then it's on me for taking the risk but there should be some protection for the consumer when I do my part and buy a name brand with a great track record.

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A side note. I had a patent on extremely high tension bandsaws about to issue and were allowed 7 of 35 claims. I didn't feel the protection would be sufficient so went to the Patent office in DC for additional research. I went 3 times over about 4 months. First trip I learned how to use the office for research.

The file folder is especially critical as it lists all of the relevant patents you researched AND the patents that the examiner researched. I note that this is information that only a personal visit will see, not on computer. Other than the patent itself, this is extremely important information, since every aspect is supposed to be researched.

The second and third time, I noticed Asian people were copying the patents, but they also were using the lists on the folder and copying those patents and the patents on their folders. In other words....for $.10/page, they had the patent, your research, the patent examiners research and virtually everything related.

I estimated that 30 Asian countries had at least 2 people each doing it. It's not only China. As long as the US Patent office is open to anybody for any reason, WE ARE PAYING TO GIVE AWAY OUR TECHNOLOGY. I dropped the patent before it became public property....an $18,000 lesson in intellectual property protection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks