• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M8 Armored Car in Iraq

Crazyguyla

I was driving around the FOB today and saw something green sticking out from behind a vacated building. I thought maybe someone had abondoned a Gator back there. Turned around to check it out. The thing turns out to be a M8 Armored Car. It looks a little rough, full of sand (go figure), but has a nice set of tires. Going back tommorow to take pictures. I wonder if anyone would notice it sitting in the back of a connex..rofl

Just another something I found in Iraq. Where would the SN and identifying marks be located? I bet my LT would really have a cow if i just happened to drive it back to our compound. It'd be the coolest thing moving on the camp.

Marcus

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be so cool to rescue from the Middle East after year of neglect. Please take some pics for us.

Can anyone chime in about the possibilities of getting something like that sent back to the states? Might be easier than, say, a tank. It's not tracked, you can import it as an armored truck, not an MV, possibly....

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The S/N is either on the data plate overhead when seated in the driver's postion (always missing), or on the front glasis plate near the headlight guard, I think the one on the passenger side but it might be the driver's. (stamped into the steel, about 1/2" numerals)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
in Vietnam we Never took from ourselves, but the other outfits were fair game, get a vehicle, a gen set, a piece of equipment, ect. repaint if needed, put new reporting marks on, these reporting id were off another same kind item that we had so in realty we now had TWO of the same item, which if they were not next to each other , you would never know. since our stuff was all over we could have MORE then TWO of the SAME item.
now with all that said, a "found" container could become a TWIN with all the right reporting marks and as long as it was NOT next to its twin, your LT. would never know :roll:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only BIG issue is the gun. You'd probably need to destroy the breech block and de-mil the breech and barrel. I think that would be a class 10 DD!

Blood_of_Tyrants

Only BIG issue is the gun. You'd probably need to destroy the breech block and de-mil the breech and barrel. I think that would be a class 10 DD!
Will is correct. Make sure that the breech block is torch cut in half and then cut a notch through the barrel so that there is a hole just ahead of the chamber. The rest is just a heavy truck as far as the feds are concerned.

Crazyguyla

I hear Leavenworth is a nice place this time of year!
Not that I want to go there, but since the old barracks got closed and the new barracks opened, i hear it's not a bad place to live LOL

And "Big Boned Bubba" is looking for a new cell mate.
Not the guy that eats possum, makes jackets from possum hides, and thinks everyone has a purty mouth. Don't want to meet him LOL

Crazyguyla

There is no breech.. see pictures..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks