• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Additional Subfolder needed here...Present conflict vehicles

Jones

I'm with you; we'll be seeing more and more of the newer trucks like the Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles; 2.5 ton 4X4 LMTV and the 5 ton 6X6 MTV. It would be nice to have a slot for them too.
Nice pics of the very rare 6X6 Unimog gun truck and the 6X6 PLS/gun truck/tractor/shop tug variant (gun tub disguised as a trailer body). Thought these were still classified.

Adamlee

Jones' eye for the details.....

Jones said:
I'm with you; we'll be seeing more and more of the newer trucks like the Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles; 2.5 ton 4X4 LMTV and the 5 ton 6X6 MTV. It would be nice to have a slot for them too.
Nice pics of the very rare 6X6 Unimog gun truck and the 6X6 PLS/gun truck/tractor/shop tug variant (gun tub disguised as a trailer body). Thought these were still classified.
yeh, those were scans from a German magazine I picked up on vacation last summer....in Bavaria....this book has many excellent photos of all the up-armored softskins you can think of, from Humvees to M916's and everything in between....HEMMT's of course....many interesting gun trucks built on 900 series 5-tons and older deuces (m35A3's, mostly)...after I find some time to break in the new scanner, I'll add some to my album file....

take care, and continue with the xlnt work on the baby HEMMT!

Attachments

Adamlee

Adamlee said:
Mike, how about another subfolder in this category besides Humvees?

Just thought this would be great place for all the FMTV's, as well as older deuces/five-tons/M916's/M1028's that are still in use in Iraq and Afghanistan etc.....

...my 2 cents....
had you given this any thought, Mike? could have a HEMMT folder, an FMTV folder, a contemporary gun trucks folder, whatever....strykers, LAVs, whatever....as well as foreign jobs, like the late-model Unimogs.....

there's alot of current conflict vehicles that would warrant separate subfolder status....

my 2 cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks