• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct Belts for M1008 and M1009

nyoffroad

In the past I bought a rebuilt alt and it came with a larger pully/fan, on that particular vehicle it didn't make a differance but could some one in the past have done that? It's not that big of a deal just take the belt back and ask for one 1" larger, 1" is a lot on belts!

kallisti5

This post is awesome. Thanks for the *correct* belts. My M1009 came with a 7575 on the left alt and a single 15490 on the right alternator + steering pump. Always have squeel issues... now I know someone bodged it in the past.

HeisenBob

Seems to be a lot of info out there about these dang belts. I was missing the drivers side belt to the alternator. It routes to the outside groove on the power steering pump. According to the pictures posted above, mine is routed the same way. Also, I put a belt on that is very tight with no way for me to make an adjustment unless it loosens up. Well, now the power steering pump squeals like crazy when idling. It sometimes goes away but comes back. The belt in the inside grove on the PSP goes around the Water pump. The water pump pulley has a middle groove with nothing on it. I’m wondering if the driver’s side alt belt is supposed to route to the power steering pump and the middle groove of the water pump....looks like it’s back to searching the TMs!

HeisenBob

Seems to be a lot of info out there about these dang belts. I was missing the drivers side belt to the alternator. It routes to the outside groove on the power steering pump. According to the pictures posted above, mine is routed the same way. Also, I put a belt on that is very tight with no way for me to make an adjustment unless it loosens up. Well, now the power steering pump squeals like crazy when idling. It sometimes goes away but comes back. The belt in the inside grove on the PSP goes around the Water pump. The water pump pulley has a middle groove with nothing on it. I’m wondering if the driver’s side alt belt is supposed to route to the power steering pump and the middle groove of the water pump....looks like it’s back to searching the TMs!
After some further research, it would appear that I should have gotten a belt that would route from the alternator to the water pump, to the crank, then to the water pump, and back to the alternator. I have found a lot of different part numbers for these belts. Currently, the passenger side alternator belt is a Gates 7480 and it fits just fine. That's not the correct belt according to several threads on here. The power steering pump to crank belt is a 7455 and it fits just fine, also not the the correct belt. All that being said, I'm not sure which ones to get. I'm going to just order the one I found on the FAQs thread. I think it was a Gates 7575.

GunnyM1009

OP belts worked perfect for my M1009 I shop with Advanced Auto so I had to cross reference them with Dayco belts but the Dayco belts of the exact dimensions worked perfectly. Dayco numbers are.

Part# 15485 Passenger Alt front belt
Part# 15575 Driver Alt middle belt
Part# 15450 power steering rear most belt

If anyone needs them.

Last edited:

GunnyM1009

OP belts worked perfect for my M1009 I shop with Advanced Auto so I had to cross reference them with Dayco belts but the Dayco belts of the exact dimensions worked perfectly. Dayco numbers are.

Part# 15485 Passenger Alt front belt
Part# 15575 Driver Alt middle belt
Part# 15450 power steering rear most belt

If anyone needs them.
Also all belts fit with over half of their adjustment still left to take up stretch later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks