• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I finally got a mule.

gunboy1656

Well time for another update....

Since I have been out of work I can not buy much for people for Christmas. So for my dad I decided I would make his day, and get my brother in law to go over to dads house and mount the 106 on the mule.

After we did that he showed off a new rifle he got, and we looked and found some parts for the mule bed we need, like the ground tripod (not the wheel barrow mount) for HALF the price I keep finding them.

So here is the customary pics...enjoy.

Attachments

gunboy1656

Ok, I have had the ammo racks fabricated, got my hands on dummy rounds, part of the barrel lock. Still need to find the correct tie down straps.

Now I have a question, My dad wants to use Marine Corp markings. I need the side numbers for it.

The data plate I have is numbered 102E5246.

gunboy1656

Well I guess it is time for another update.

Mule update-

Went to do an alignment and found another tie rod bad, so once again work on pause mechanically.

I ordered a stencil set from Rick Larsen so when we are to the point of painting we will have them.

Gun update-

We have made a temporary barrel lock until we can find the correct one for the right price. (always the difficult task). And made up a tool/ battery box for under the deck.

We have got a magazine for the spotter rifle, a dummy round for it as well.

I have located a sight box, scope and elbow (for a lot cheaper then anyone else wanted {best offer before this was 1800 bucks})

gunboy1656

OK got some pics for you guys (and gals). Went and did some work today got the tool box mounted, battery cables run and battery attached. The sights got mounted, when I can find the clamp for the light I can get that mounted as well.

Let me know what you think of the tool box, could not find one. Then one popped up on ebay but we already had ours made, the travel lock is homemade as well.

Attachments

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck on the resto, I'm doing a very similar project with 4-1958 M274. It's an original USMC 106mm mule and I have everything for it except for the toolbox and cleaning rods. The lightweight tripod is pretty cool. When you refer to the homemade mount, are you refering to the mount that goes under the deck betwen the frame rails? If so, I have an extra complete mount I'd be willing to trade for some parts or accessories that I"m needing for mine. Let's chat....

Will post pictures in near future.

gunboy1656

Jason,

What all parts are you looking for? I know of a couple sources for parts.

The homemade parts that we built are the toolbox, the underbed mount and the ammo racks.

Sig229

Congratulations on the new toy. I have two of them and might sell one in the near future. If you don't[thumbzup] mind would you let me know what the going rate is on a clean runner.

gunboy1656

I have seen prices all over the place for clean ones. watched one sell for 2500 to 13,000. I cried when I missed out on the 2500 one.

Might look for another one to play with when I get back to work. But the next one I will leave as a flat bed.

Sig229

Thanks for the quick reply, you could always make a quick release low profile mount so you can have the best of both world. keep in mind that is coming from a guy that has two already. "Do as I say not as I do".rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks