• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton vs 10 ton

Elwenil

Wow, the 10 ton makes the 5 ton look like the size of a Deuce. I really had no idea they were that massive. Good idea on the comparison, thanks!

m.walker

I would love to see the 10 ton -2 1/2 ton shots as well ! Especially the axle comparisons . If I'm off on the 4th I'll see if I can get together with gbooth and get some 5 ton - 2 1/2 ton pics .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had that chance when my tracotr was parked next to Bruce Kubu's 10 ton Jumbo. The contrast was so vast that I couldn't take the pic. The tractor looked like a Morris Minor sitting next to Bigfoot.

rmgill

I found in my 5 ton that I tended to look down on most commercial trucks. That was one of the high points of glee with that truck.... :)

Then I'd nearly run over some poor housewife at a tight corner.... :shock:

gbooth

m.walker said:
I would love to see the 10 ton -2 1/2 ton shots as well ! Especially the axle comparisons . If I'm off on the 4th I'll see if I can get together with gbooth and get some 5 ton - 2 1/2 ton pics .
Mark I will see you at the 4th of July parade.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good memories seeing that video. Thanks! I grew up in that town (Moses Lake, WA) and used to drive by the county fire station's main shop everyday on the way to school. Back then (mid to late 90's) they would have M813s and M814s sitting in their yard still camo'd waiting for the fire fighting treatment. That is actually what first made me want to get a 5 ton was seeing those giant beasts with their signature air cleaners just dwarfing all other trucks in that yard. The treatment they got would be a water tank, pump, remote control nozzle, 53" super singles, bright green paint, and they would hot rod the engines also. They would remove the governors, turn up the fuel pump, and who knows what else (on all their trucks not just surplus trucks)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks