• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The unofficial g749 picture thread

butch atkins

This is the factory deflector used to divert all the air onto the windshield,they are one of the hardest parts to find when adding the heater kit to the G-749 trucks as they fit only these trucks.Part # 7951681,Deflector,Heat,pg 3 TB 9-2855-40,Instructions For The Installation Of Personnel Heater Kit (Hot Water) (24V). And yes i do have one for my truck :shock:

Gunfreak25

I never get tired of your posts Butch, no punctuation and lots of ordnance #'s. :beer: Good catch on the deflectors. They are are simple design with a simple purpose but making a repro set would be nearly impossible as they are stamp formed.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G 749 Picture thread

Another bump for the pile of new G749's that are being added to the "Early Deuce" Forum.

If you have an M135, M211, M215, M217, M220, M221 or any other G749 and haven't posted pictures of them here, let's bring these trucks together.

A couple of pictures of the ones that were forgotten, then what they look like alive.

Attachments

Section8

Here is mine. 1956 M135. Still a work in progress for a powertrain swap. Avatar photo if others don't load. Or check out my active thread. Contemplating bobber....

Last edited:

battlecr

1010Plowboy asked me to move my pic's over here. 1951 M 135. Converted to a fire truck. 1000 gallon tank, (I believe is original to the truck) 250 gpm pump.

Belonged to the Crow Valley FD

Don G.

Attachments

Gunfreak25

Cool! Do the 302's use cast iron pistons or are the aluminum? Now I want another M211 with the original drivetrain in it. There is a man selling a really nice one in Phoenix AZ for $5500 obo, he said he has no idea what it's worth and is open to offers. Zero rust and a real gem.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
holly scrap! I just did the math. The chase truck put on 3,800 miles! when gas was $4 a gallon, 15mpg, 253 gallons, $1,012 in gas for the chase truck, motels, meals, 1 radiator, 2 fuel pumps, $100 on plumbing, days off of work, $520 on gas for the deuce, and a new walmart boat gas tank strapped to the roof. Do you know how far you can drive across South Dakota on 5 gallons of gas before you have to pull over and climb up on the roof to refill?

I do.

Hint: do it between midnight and 0500 so no one can see you.

How was your trip?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks