• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The unofficial g749 picture thread

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Two new to me M135's. 2 years ago I had told a friend that I still needed a bed for my 135, he said he had 2 135's one with a bed and a 8'conex of parts if I wanted them. The price was right, I paid for them and basically forgot about them due to other projects. Fast forward to Wed I ran into him and he wanted to know if I still wanted them as scrappers had been coming by bugging his wife. Drove down to his farm today and found out I got a heck of a deal, both are winch trucks! The one with bed is SN1935 w/o bed is SN5962, conex was locked so don't know what's in it. KCclay is going with me for the recovery and is getting whatever I don't keep for mine as he wants a Jimmy. It also has the step tail gate but the step part is missing, I will do a recovery thread when the time comes.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mastertech

P1010078.jpgP1010079.jpgHere's a pic of of my GMC duece. I finally got a picture I thought was worth posting. This truck used to be my uncles truck and the young lady on the right is his grand daughter, (My cousins daughter) the ladies were all dressed to go to a fund raiser "Hick party", They wanted a good picture to remember the occasion.

flatheadvff

I have 3 m211s. Two were volunteer fire tankers, one was parts truck that formerly had a fertilizer spreader on it, so none of them have beds. I posted pictures for the first time today, so now that I know how I will try to start a build thread. Only one runs at this point. Some day, if I win the powerball lottery and live to be 231 years old, the 7.3lpowerstroke and e4od trans I have sitting in the yard will find its way into the other truck. The 53 M211w/w, with factory hard top is the one I have running. The rear fenders and mud flaps are temporary installments, using existing holes, pending finding beds. Correction I was able to post one picture on another thread but now cannot get it to work, I will try again later. Good thing mechanicing is easier then trying to figure out how to use a @$#^&(*@ computer.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M207

You'll get the picture process. Most problems arise when we don't click the 'remember me' box when we sign in.
Patracy fixes all the other ones so there really are no problems.

Here's a thread that helps us out http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?59917-How-to-post-pictures-a-tutorial

......and here is the M207 CDN not yet featured on Gunfreak's G749 picture thread.

This first M207 I missed at auction because it sold for $1,600.00

2012 alaska 948.jpg2012 alaska 950.jpg2012 alaska 953.jpg2012 alaska 957.jpg

This is our M207CDN with shop van in Camo and OD, with a couple of Friends

PB120622.jpg2013 shop 945 024.jpgP4300397.jpgG749 group 2013 053.jpg2013 shop 945 026.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 Pictures

You are so right, not enough pictures of Gracie. You also noticed we're missing a M215, M217, M220, M221, M222 and matching trailers. I am working on it.

P9230040.jpgP9280232.jpgP9230045.jpgP9230028.jpg

...........and I completely forgot Piglet.

PA200344.jpgPA210368.jpgPA200334.jpg

We can't forget the re-purposed G749 trucks like this M135 that was modified to pull barges out of a Lake in the North. Wheel width was modified to straddle the rails that barge dollies would run on. This hitch pulled ships but it's price forced me to pass. Still lots of them out there.

P9280181.jpgP9280179.jpg

flatheadvff

I'm going to try again, I got it to work once so I should be able to do again, right? Wrong, the first time I did it when I clicked on insert image it brought up a window saying "from computer"/"from url",with the open line below with "browse" at the end of the blank line. I then clicked browse, picked the picture, and posted. Now I get the same window but it doesn't give me the blank line with "browse". Sorry to keep asking dumb questions, but I would like to share pictures and would start a build thread as I've done a lot of work to my wrecking yard candidates and have many years of work to go.

flatheadvff

One thing I forgot to mention, my wife gave me a new computer for Christmas,(I ruined my other one by allowing a virus in with a bad keystroke). My new computer is windows 8.1.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Go Advanced"
"Manage Attachments"
"Add files"
"Upload"
"Done"

Preview post for personal satisfaction,
"Submit"'

Attachments

flatheadvff

150123_001.jpgFinally, my 53 M211w/w,130216_006.jpg52 M211wow,54M211 parts truck, and 71m35a2 by Jeep. Pictures taken with cell phone. Group shop, phone was new, single shot phone has been in my pocket to long, that's why it's foggy. Still don't know why it worked this time, and not the others, but some success leads to more attempts:).

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the most interesting G749 west of Oak Island. The mystery would be why a shop van sits on single wheels?

Thanks for the pics!

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed that too. It looks like the hubs are set up for duals but maybe someone swapped on 135 wheels????
Wonder if the spare is a 9.00x20?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks