• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Off to Fort Meade

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I;m off to Fort Meade Friday at 11:30 am to pick Up Mep002A on trailer, first trip to MD. Will be going to Carlise PA to visit son and grandson. Any info would be helpful. Thanks Bob.

Attachments

rfischba1

Fort meade is a nice Base, stop at the main gate, show ID , registration, and GL papers, then go to far side of base to the GL lot, people are real nice and helpful there.
Good luck

Nonotagain

I;m off to Fort Meade Friday at 11:30 am to pick Up Mep002A on trailer, first trip to MD. Will be going to Carlise PA to visit son and grandson. Any info would be helpful. Thanks Bob.
Are you bringing a trailer with you? If so you need to enter thru the commercial truck entrance off Rt 198. Very confusing the first time there as you enter a traffic circle, then just before entering back onto Rt 198 you make a right turn into a overgrown entrance.

From Justin's email:

"From 95
Take 32 East to the exit for 198 Laurel.
Follow signs for Ft Meade/NSA deliveries.
It will look as if going back onto 32 Westbound but there is right hand exit before getting on the freeway.
Once through the truck inspection area proceed towards Ft. Meade.
The road you will be on is O’Brien.
Follow O’Brien straight through traffic light.
O’Brien will curve to the left and then there will be a stop sign and a yield sign.
Yield Right onto Zimborski
Zimborski will turn into Rock Ave as it curves to the left.
Take first Right onto Remount Road.
Take first right into DRMO truck entrance, proceed through chain link gate.
We are located in the cream colored building inside the fence"

It may take you some time getting thru security, since the truck entrance is also shared with the NSA. They take security serious.

Make sure you don't have any traces of explosives or gunpowder on you or your vehicle as the bomb dogs will inspect your truck. I'm not kidding.

My last trip to the base (three weeks ago) it took close to a half hour to pass security.

The GL folks are first class. They will load your trailer.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this is your first trip to Maryland and you have the time, you should visit the museum at Anniston. It is definitely worth it.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info, look forward to the trip. What a great way to spend time with the grandson. Keep you guys informed how it goes.
Bob. :smile:

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just tlhought I would let everyone know I made it back to
Carlisle just fine. What great folks at Fort Meade. Awesome gen set and trailer, KISA is one of the best GL employee's. Also good to meet Bill and his wife out checking on the upcoming stuff. Again Thanks for the help and insight. Spend 2-days with grandchildren in Carlisle then back home to Watkins Glen.
Bob.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks