• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jim Henry Surplus - NC

MSgt USMC (Ret)

He sells vehicles (cucv's etc) and parts as well. I'm about 20 miles to the west of him. He painted my Jeep Wrangler in 3 color desert carc.

The confederate flag flying out front of his place says it all. Word of advice when dealing with him, don't mention your from the North or voted for Obama :-D

68427vette

great guy,, i met him at a recent auction,, was very helpfull to all that attended, that needed help loading,, Yes, the $50 dollar thing is true, i tried to pay him, and he would'nt accept them, instead i had to write a check.. LOL

lindyp38

I told him on a dare that Gen. Sherman was a great man and should've been on the $1 bill. He got pissed and ran me off his spot at Aberdeen.

He's a great guy though, piles of parts, Lord knows where he gets them all...

great story...lol...william t sherman......born in ohio...died in ny..and buried..in missouri.....

most famous tank of ww2 named after him.........

how can u go wrong......?

oilcan

X100 on Jim being a character.
I think he chuckled a bit watching me dig through an entire triwall to find alt belts for gimp's truck. We ate about 10 of them on the way down, and wanted all we could get for the trip back.

How far along is he on rebuilding the huey out front?

Dan65Brown

I bought a M1008 from him about three months ago. I drove it one week out of the three months. Everything he said he replaced, I had to replace. Said there was brand new batteries in it, turned out to be two year old deep cycle marine batteries (90 CCA each). Had to replace both alternators, lift pump, starter, and all the belts; even though thats what he said he's gone through and replaced. I could never fix anything before something else went bad. Said it was a guranteed truck when I bought it, would never help me with anything when I went back to him asking about all the things that went wrong. Was a nice guy, but I'll never buy anything from there again. Got rid of the truck thank God.

downeast

I've had friends with varying experience with his shop. Here in the east, I think lots of MV guys use John Winslow or White Owl. I've used both and have been very satisfied.

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jim has a shelf for my M1031 that I am trying to get. He may be driving up 81 threw Winchester Va. enrote to the sept 23 Gilbert rally. I will be out of town. If anyone needs parts from Jim call him 704 983-5940. Pm me If you think you can pick up my shelf in winchester or at his place.

ctmustang

I've had friends with varying experience with his shop. Here in the east, I think lots of MV guys use John Winslow or White Owl. I've used both and have been very satisfied.

10-4 on John Winslow or White Owl. I always call George at White Owl first as he is such a pleasure to deal with and honest. Usually if George doesn't have it the search is on.I've had varying results with Winslow and his prices are sometimes just crazy as alot of places are.
CT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks