• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery box made simple

poof

Dirty Hippie
Well today was doing a service on Fluids.. installed and trimmed the Truck bed mat to fit the Deck.. and Made a Battery box/ seat Back rest..
I think it looks good... much better that the plastic boat box i had there before.

I have a deuce lower driver seat for the seat..
Too Cheep to just shell out the cash for an after market Proper Mule seat right now.

There is room inside the Ammo can (30mm) for the battery to still fit in the plastic box & I will put it in the plastic box for safety..

I got some 1"od rigid pipe. cut a nitch in it to bend at the deck. took and made 2 Knock out holes in the ammo box bottom, dropped pipe into the 2 back holes in the deck for the seat... slid ammo box over pipes.. ran power wires through pipes and out bottom of box...all out of sight..
there is plenty of room for tools and I might run power out to a light, front and rear. at some point..
J.P.

and yes that Gas tank is my doing too.. Cash again...

the Tires Came on it. :shock:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Rubber bed mats are a good idea.............

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be concerned about corrosion in the box. I wouldn't store anything in it. At least you have the pipes for some ventilation.

poof

Dirty Hippie
Rubber bed mats are a good idea.............
Yes it is the best thing, for protection..I use the mule all the time to haul yard crap ,stones.rail ties... all kinds of stuff..

One of you 2 guys or both, are the ones that Gave me the Idea.. there on your mules bed...
as far as the box... the plan would be a Gell cell.. type battery.. and get a can of that red or black rubberized stuff you can put on tool handles for a rubber grip after it drys.. just apply it inside the box.. one side at a time..

there is a slight gap on the box bottom right now.. to allow for ventolation..Im not sure if battery gasses are heavy or light than air.. but I dont need a box full of gas and a bad ground SPARK.BOOM when i hit the start button. could ruin a good day, at the very least Ruin a perfectly good pair of Fruit of the Looms..

kennys@wi.rr.com

poof;681644there is a slight gap on the box bottom right now.. to allow for ventolation..Im not sure if battery gasses are heavy or light than air.. but I dont need a box full of gas and a bad ground SPARK.BOOM when i hit the start button. could ruin a good day said:
Is that what happened to this poor pair?

Attachments

gunboy1656

I like that idea, I think a few more vent holes and you would be fine.

If you want a set of lights I have a set I can part with, have front and rear lights that came off my mule.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks