• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 wc-41

41_greg

Hello, Does any recognize what type of bed is on this WC-41? What was the truck used for? The bed looks stock because of the fenders.
Thank You
Greg

Attachments

Last edited:

armytruck63

From Wikipedia:
WC41
Fitted with dual rear tires. Mostly employed as an emergency repair truck whose purpose was to provide mobile facilities for emergency ordnance repair. Other types of bodies were produced, such as an oil service vehicle. 902 of these chassis were built.

41_greg

Tow Truck

That's what I thought at first, remember that the WC's are 1/2ton I don't think Dodge made a WC tow truck. If you look at the pic's the fenders are stock and the tire mount is also there, some one would have taken a lot of time to change the bed and use the stock fenders. The first, quoted wikipedia that they were emergency ordnance repair trucks and oil service trucks whats an oil service truck look like?
Ive found pic's of the emergency ordnance repair truck but no other WC 41's.
Thanks

Oldfart

I thought some WC's were 3/4 ton and one was 5/4 ton. The one pictured is indeed a half ton with the rounded nose grill. I think the flat grill units were 3/4 ton except for the 6x6 version. In all my 70 years of looking and drooling over military vehicles, I have never seen a bed like that on a WC. It has to be rare.

41_greg

Yea I thought it was a special bed. I'm hoping that some one could ID it. There were several closed cabs made and then bed were added. I wondering what the other beds looked like, especially one used by the Army Air Force. If any one knows I'd be grate full for the information.
Thank You
Greg :cool:

41_greg

Thanks I've seen these pic's. The last picture WC 41 the owner made the utility bed. The other two pictures are different trucks one has short running boards and the other has the long running board. I'd like to have the dimensions of the two boxes I think the short running board trucks wb is 124" and the long running board truck wb is 116".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks