• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

thx - does not take long to fill up a 3 stall with disassembled jeeps and a motorcycle.

Plus there is another full tub coming this week - guess I will have to hang er from the rafters.
I do not have a heater down there - not that I am complaining about GA's measly 24 degree temp - but cold is cold. I do know what you mean as I have had to work outside on the dirt (like when we worked on the 109's).

I am not a neat freak - but I do like a clean environment to work in and no reason for clutter even if it is a garage.:beer:

zout

Bringing the heater home this weekend - enough with the cold.

38A1 Tailgate ordered from KW site - no wonder why some sites have less expensive pricing - ain't no one home to answer the phone to sell parts - tells ya who I am ordering through. Can't answer the phone must not need the sale very much. KW picked up on the first ring.

Got my sheet metal for the floor panels for the A1 - this will also do the fuel tank cutout as well, making these from raw material.

Springs for the civy CJ will be in Monday and will get u bolts bent up then on site - bring em one of my samples and get all new for both.

Got a channel to repair a small section on the CJ as well just below the brake master cylinder area of frame - just to get some more support in there.
Will also try to get the CJ frame painted up this weekend with the heat in there - should turn out really nice.

I have a little more Crown left as well :jumpin:

zout

Teaching the odest of the 4 grandsons to play grandpa's banjo while the wife unpacked her new tailgate for the M38A1 - GUESS I know what I am installing tomorrow
Kaiser Willy's sales ROCK - ordered yesterday and it got delivered today - perfect condition and price was right on.

Attachments

zout

Got the tailgate aligned - started tacking in - the welder stinger breaks - CRAP
Got the floorpan for the fuel tank made - flanged and punched - cannot weld it in cause the welder is broke - so I show Dinger how cool my nibbler is - it breaks - he was cutting out the drivers floorpan we had in inscribed on a template pattern. He also had fun with my flanging/punch tool.

Wife brought me down a beer and my camera so I could take pics of all my now broken tools - engine work may wait again yet another week. These tools had many miles on them and have worked hard - just a piss poor time for failure.

Tailgate looks awesome and will look better once a couple sections of body metal get aligned and formed for fit. Kaiser Willy's service was great to order through and the product came the next day - they have my future business.

Look out the garage window and it is frickin snowing in GA - gotta move farther south.

Dinger got his axle stop pads in and mounted - thanks to PB we have a set of rear spring hangers - springs are due Monday - will get the u bolts made there when I go pick them up - stole a sample off the wife's jeep - gonna replace them all on both units just for safety.

Dinger took and made a template of the .50 cal chassis mount from the frame of the wife's and I made him one for his jeep - anyone got a couple spare .50 cal's laying around :jumpin::jumpin:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Z, there is a gift for you sitting in a parking lot in Tucker this morning.

Attachments

dc3coyote

Zout,
I really cant wait to see this project in person when I get home. Your hard work really shows, and I bet your wife is going to enjoy it alot.

zout

Clinto - eeeeeehhhh ha - you ROCK fellow trooper - Dinger is going to spend the rest of the day at working wanting me over there on my day off loading it and bringing it home and working on it - his springs come in today - in another week or so we should be ready to flip the chassis over and "get a peek at fit".
THANK YOU

DC - I am getting your tractor pulled out from the back 40 and brought up to the shop so I can "play" on it a bit for you and make it nicer than what you are going to expect it to be when you get home. Cannot wait to meet you.

Bigger thanks to DH to work out the 2 jeep deal and also PB with some extras for Dingers jeep - we would be much poorer than we are if this stuff would have had to been purchased - I see Crown in everyone's future. OR CHERRIES
rofl
replacement tools ordered this morning.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When do you want to get together to unload this?

zout

go ahead and taker er over to the shop - see Cicero and the boys will unload it for you right next to the shop - I will bring er home in a box truck later this week - thx.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
go ahead and taker er over to the shop - see Cicero and the boys will unload it for you right next to the shop - I will bring er home in a box truck later this week - thx.
I will ride over there at lunch (1ish). Hope it helps you out-at the minimum you should be able to use it to create some patch panels.

C

zout

Patch Panels auaaua

I would not think of hacking up that tub - if you remember that rusted out hardtop ya brought back from the rally a year ago and how that turned out - I am going to make ya proud of the donation of this tub.

Its amazing what a LOT of Crown will do and a torch and welder and a nut case on the other end of em :-D

zout

Mama has guest coming over for Christmas dinner this weekend from work (dummy me volunteered to cook prime rib dinner) and she wants her bathroom done and over with.

The slacker I am with 20 projects going on at one time - spending my day doing this instead of playing with OD green. Only second time I have ever laid tile and I should have taken up engineering instead. And I would have been coming over for the tub myself - :jumpin:

Attachments

zout

DC - I will take up that engineering class before I do tile again - it is a true test of my patience.

Stick on tile maybe !!:beer:

zout

Tell ya what - working with members here makes a person feel really humble.

I mean that in a respectful manner - how members go above and beyond the call of duty - I just call it honor amoungst fellow humans.

WTH am I talking about - Clinto dropped off the M38A1 tub yesterday for Dingers jeep - he thought it would make some decent panels - YEAH RIGHT - no way is this tub getting hacked. It is what it is - and it is as old as it is - and there is nothing I can do about that - but for sure I am not that nieve to think no one hand their paws on it before now - I can live with that.

This baby is salvagable - won't be a mantle piece where everyone just stares at it and "says how pretty it is" - this baby is gonna be made for using. See Dinger at the next rally with it ??

I will get some pics of the tub when I can - but know this - a heartfelt member really stepped up for us when we were not even expecting it - truely an amazing guy. If you have been reading this thread - others have done the same - that is why I am truely humbled and in the quiet just shake my head and wonder WHY.

Got the springs picked up today as well.[thumbzup]
you guys have my humble gratitude.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout, you need to consider this, we are all enjoying this, along with you. I am thrilled to see the old jeep get the love it needed. As corny as it sounds, every bit of fun your having, I am right there enjoying it too.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Tell ya what - working with members here makes a person feel really humble.
I will get some pics of the tub when I can - but know this - a heartfelt member really stepped up for us when we were not even expecting it - truely an amazing guy. If you have been reading this thread - others have done the same - that is why I am truely humbled and in the quiet just shake my head and wonder WHY./QUOTE]

Cause yer a good troop!!!:beer:

Now quit whining and get back to work you **%^?/&$ !!!:deadhorse:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks