• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The right Arctic Hardtop for the M37

Eric's hifim37

Hi All,

I finally picked up the correct Arctic Top for my M37 after a 5 year search, It is serial #807 and it does have the sliding rear window. I will be so glad to get that GMC conversion turd off my truck. Does anybody know how many of these tops were made ? I think they were part of the Arctic kit, my top was originally " stratta Blue" then Olive drab and then orange, it probally was bought for the State or County but it has very little rust and it is complete so I feel I scored. I think there might be a TM for this top so I will be on the look out, I have been getting it ready for paint and I'll reply with new pictures when I have it finished. This will compliment my radio shelter and keep me draft free when it is cold too :-D

Eric..

Attachments

nattieleather

Eric, A couple of questions. Did you get the metal piece that goes from the cab top to the windshield with this? Also do you plan on pulling the metal liner out and removing the fiberglass insulation and then replacing it or just leaving it as is?

Eric's hifim37

Hi,

The top did come with the very rare front interior header cover, I had all of the interior metal upholstered in camo material, it looks great ! I did remove all of the original insulation and replace it with fiberglass type "I removed the paper" I also srayed "spray on" undercoating, I just today re-caulked all of the seams with paintable autobody caulking and all I have is a few spots to sand then I will have to wait for a nice day to spray on the semi gloss drab. I will be so happy to get this top on and get rid of the GMC turd, the best part being I will be able to roll up or down my windows without having to open up the doors ! This top will be the last rare option for my M37 I needed. It will look very sharp with this top and the radio shelter on :grin:

I'll post finished pictures when I am done,

Thanks, Eric..

Eric's hifim37

We had some real nice 75 degree days last weekend so I was finally able to finish the bodywork on my top, I now have it set in "poly" primer and looking to block it out this next weekend (weather permitting) now I have to get the glass window cut and paint all of the trim pieces. Still lots to do but I should have it on my M37 in time for Tower Park

I'll post more pictures as I progress,

Eric..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks