• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My wc-53 is wrecked

mcinfantry

Saturday, 10-30-10 at approximate 7am I was traveling between 60-65 on interstate 12 in baton rouge and was rear ended by a jacked up Chevrolet doing between 80-90 or more.

Snapped the 1/2" cab bolts, bent the rear frame, middle frame, bent the rear cab in about 10", and bowed my walls out and rippled them to the doors. Floor is smashed in too.

The body mounts are torn, and shifted...... Going to be interesting, to say the least....

MobileMe Gallery

They are contemplating pulling the dents out.... Or trying...

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
man those are some nasty pics.. i hope you can find the parts to make it back right. nice looking truck for sure

Atomic

So the driver of the truck just happened not to see your vehicle that was directly in front of him? Did he blame it on the green paint belnding in?

Sorry that it happened and I hope you can get it worked out.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That should be an interesting insurance claim. I'd use the value as stated in David Doyles Standard Catalog of Military Vehicles (cause it's up there) and give whoever does the estimate Midwest Militarys number for the replacement parts, I know just that rear door is like $1500.

gijoe13

I have a Pioneer tool rack from a humvee I will donate. Let me know if you need it. Beautiful truck, painful to see it smashed like that. Glad you were not seriously hurt. Good luck getting it back together right.

mikeroot2

Haha. I took over thirty minutes for me to calm down. My first words were " WHAT IN THE F were you doing?"
Sick stomach, clenched fists, pounding heart, boiling head, speechless moron that just wrecked your pride and joy standing there looking at you like a deer in the headlights. Unfortunately I know how you feel.

I hope it all works out.

mcinfantry

I was going to insure it for 75,000 with haggarty. Not that it would have covered any labor.....

They think they can pull the back out. The rear hinges and hardware, which are unobtanium are ruined. I had cut the walls out and added sound deadening, then welded them back, so no dolly/hammer....... Then the cab is bowed into door jambs..... The 16ga floor ripped from the frame , and the frame is wavy by the transmission and bent at the back.

I located a complete body, I think, in Alberta, they don't want to do that. The ONLY other option I see is buying a truck, re-working the body to my satisfaction then swapping......

mcinfantry

That should be an interesting insurance claim. I'd use the value as stated in David Doyles Standard Catalog of Military Vehicles (cause it's up there) and give whoever does the estimate Midwest Militarys number for the replacement parts, I know just that rear door is like $1500.
Where do I get a copy?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks