• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My wc-53 is wrecked

Milbikes

Be glad you are ok!

My brother-in-law was rear ended in his 1972 barracuda convertible, a totally rust free, really cherry California car. The rear quarters were bent up, rear pan mashed, lots of damage. The insurance tried to give him "book value" which was around $3,600...where can you by a convertible 'cuda with no rust for $3,600??? He stood his ground, collected lots of Hemmings ads, Ebay sales results, auction house results, parts lists with prices, etc and made a nice fat binder of info, and then went to his insurance company. They ended up spending $13,000 to repair it! The insurance companies always try to give out the least they can. Most folks just suck it up and say "OK" and accept whatever the insurance offers. If you stick your ground and don't give up, and provide them with honest data that they can't refute, you will probably do ok. When my brother-in-law proved that cars like his were bringing $50,000 plus, they had to re-think their $3,600 offer. Time to do your comparison shopping! Good luck, and I hope it gets back on the road.

AlxJ64

Well, it looks like Lee hasn't posted on the forum here in a good while. However, back in May, I made the trip from Virginia down to Louisiana to purchase the body and frame of this WC53. Part of the deal we made included me delivering a WC56 frame for him to swap his entire drivetrain into including axles, tires, wheels, etc. We swapped a set of stock axles and springs under the WC53 so that it could be loaded and hauled easier.

Since i've gotten the truck back to Va I've started to cut out a lot of the smashed panels and pushed out a lot of dents. The truck looks better but is by no means fixed. I just figured it would be kind of me to update this thread to say that the truck will be living on and will be fixed, it is just with a new owner.

Condition as I received it.

Rear gate and corners smashed in quite a bit.

Some body work on the gate getting it stretched back out.

The "wave" is gone from the side of the truck now also.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
that's always the issue with mobileme, photobucket, etc.

a lot of history can get lost to the delete key.

nice truck, I hope she sees the road soon.

This is why we ask that people post their images here, not on offsite storage sites like photobucket, flikr, etc.

robert c neth

Banned
mine was hit years ago and the other partys insurance co bought all the parts from redbud surplus .they were all shipped to my house and they paid me to fix it.hope it works out for you.

AlxJ64

This is why we ask that people post their images here, not on offsite storage sites like photobucket, flikr, etc.
Could not open the album, but it sounds nasty! I assume you are OK? What a shame!
I went ahead and attached the images to the post I made above.

mine was hit years ago and the other partys insurance co bought all the parts from redbud surplus .they were all shipped to my house and they paid me to fix it.hope it works out for you.
It didn't work out that way. Instead the insurance company settled on a number that the prev owner was not happy with. He then sold the truck to me, except for his drivetrain and some front end parts.

Ok Nice Jeep ( and very Beautiful Wife to sir)im sure shes a handful but she looks happy so i would say u were doing a good job if the wife or gf aint happy then noone is happy lol 8) The dodge that thing looks sooo awesome i can imagine u get so many looks with that thing running through town as for the insurance companys i totally agree i ended up getting back a little half of what i had in a civy 87 chevy short bed a guy wasnt paying attention to a red light and he hit the back end of my truck suffice to say it totaled it only becuase of age i bought it back from the insurance company and drove about 6 months and sold it made some more money on it :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks