• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Serviced the deuce this week

Terexts

For the past few days I've been getting the deuce fluids drained and refilled. I changed all my differentials and transfer case, used GL-5 80W-90 to refill, which had the MT-1 rating. I had some Mystik synthetic SAE 50, left from a couple years ago that had been in storage, which I used to refill my trans. I added some Lucas oil additive to everything. I just got done draining the cooling system and refilling it with 50/50 since its bout to turn off cold here. I'm just waiting on parts to replace a few wheel cylinders and getting my new emergency cable installed. Sorry, no pics.

Terexts

Luckly, my truck is in pretty good shape overall. Just need to get my brake system in tip top shape for the road. My transmission has a slight leak coming from the top where that small shaft sticks out. Anyone know where I might get a seal for it?

RAYZER

what , no pics? glad to see your taking care of her! just did some service on mine too,it was alot of work but worth it. used gl 1 in the trans and tc but left the diffs alone because they only had 2k miles since last (when it came from drmo with new lube all the way around) changed all the belts an hoses and reused the coolant, repacked all wheelbearings (replaced 2) rebuilt 1 wheel cylinder,adjusted brakes,rotated front wheels to the outside rears and changed the oil which ended up in the fuel tank! all this in preperation for the ga rally, did i see you there? made it there and back wide open ( 900 mile round trip ) without incident!

Attachments

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the right person could do eye surgery in there![thumbzup] What paint did you use and how much prep on the motor was entailed?

bs

RAYZER

for the life of me i cant remember what paint i used? something from wallmart that came close to matching, i think. as for prep,a couple of cans of degreaser and a pressure washer did the trick, heres a befor pic.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks