• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dug in Deep Dio

CharlesKing

Hi guys. Nothing really new but was a bit bored and decided to put this old run down MK48 LVS into a Dio setting. As most of you military folks know, scenerio like these were common during the Iraq war and even today, if I'm not mistaken. Just wanted to do something to get my hands dirty. :) So here it is Dug in deep...

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WOW, all I can say is WOW
Is the mk48 scratch built or kit, if so whare did you find it

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is really cool. Wouldn't it be cool to have a bunch of these set up at a rally for all to galk at.

zout

absolutely incredable - what detail and detail to be as authentic and realistic as possible. You surely have a gift.

Hi guys. Nothing really new but was a bit bored and decided to put this old run down MK48 LVS into a Dio setting. As most of you military folks know, scenerio like these were common during the Iraq war and even today, if I'm not mistaken. Just wanted to do something to get my hands dirty. :) So here it is Dug in deep...
Your modeling,details, and photography skillis are to say the least "Awsome"!! Keep up the good work CharlesKing!!! You are an asset to this Forum and the Steel Soldiers site. Thank you for your efforts! elkhunter PS; I'm starting on three models and will post picture of them when I'm finished . A U-1A ( DHC-3) DeHavilland "Otter", a U-6A/L---20 (DHC -2 ) DeHavilland "Beaver"and an M35A2 Cargo Truck. Hope they come out as good as yours! All will have U.S. Army decals on them. We had them in our unit, the 19th Aviation Battalion (Now the 222nd Aviation Battalion) at Fort Richardson and Fort Wainwright,Alaska, USARAL (United States Army Alaska) 1967-1969 MOS: 76T20

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well done! Your modeling skills are excellent.

On a lighter note, looking at this one, I can only assume Gimpy was driving!

CharlesKing

Much appreciative for the kind compliments gents. I'm working on completing a larger dio at the moment. Will post when done.

Alredneck

Banned
Looking good! Ive seen some stuck Hemmts but that one is stuck! It would be cool to have a model M88 come by and recover it!

nkawtg

Your work never fails to amaze me!!

Where at in Sweden are you from? I've traveled to Vargarda and Gothenburg for work before.........too much fun!!! I could have stayed in Gothenburg for a long while:wink:

CharlesKing

Your work never fails to amaze me!!

Where at in Sweden are you from? I've traveled to Vargarda and Gothenburg for work before.........too much fun!!! I could have stayed in Gothenburg for a long while:wink:
Thanks. I live in Falun. A big distance from Göteborg or Gothenburg in English. It is a nice place. The people are friendly as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks