• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Attachments...

mangus580

I just made some adjustments to the Attatchment feature on the forum....

• I set the attatchement view order, so that they will go in, in the order you intend.... beware, those of you that have gotten used to how it was ;-)
  • I increased the # of attachments allowed to 10... please dont abuse it
  • I have also found the setting that restricts Image sizes to 640x480, and it is now set.
  • I have increased the allowable file size of attatchments to 1mb
  • You can now upload pdf files, and zip files and they should 'download' properly.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a question. Whats up with all the light bulbs? Also when my page loads (IE) is says "done, but with errors on the page" in the lower left corner. Is that just me?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another quirk since all the updating. Now clicking on the title of the thread no longer takes you to the original posting, takes it to the last one. Perhaps its just IE

jodka

About thread titles now linking to the end of a thread instead of the beginning: Seems like a new feature of the site. I just tested on Mac OS X with three browsers, Safari, FireFox and Internet Explorer. With each I get the end, not the beginning of the thread.

mangus580

Jodka is right about the bulbs.... I hope to swap them out with some 'cats eyes

As to the Error, it seems to come and go. I am not sure what causes it yet, but havent worried to much about it. I havent found anything thats not working (thats related to that).

The Quirk... well, thats a feature of one of my updates (if you can call it a feature) I need to look into it and see why its doing that.

frodobaggins

Recovry4x4 said:
Another quirk since all the updating. Now clicking on the title of the thread no longer takes you to the original posting, takes it to the last one. Perhaps its just IE
That happens only with the new posts on the front page, doing that from the forum itself causes no such issue. This is how almost every forum on the internet that indexes new posts does it, however, it is quite strange at first !

This error here has been showing up for a while:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for getphototag() in /hsphere/local/home/steelsol/steelsoldiers.com/modules/gallery/classes/Album.php on line 1432
Right above
PS Magazine Random Image
And it happens in IE and firefox and in any location I browse from.

Kevin

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That happens only with the new posts on the front page, doing that from the forum itself causes no such issue. This is how almost every forum on the internet that indexes new posts does it, however, it is quite strange at first !

It wasn't always that way, that's why I asked.

mangus580

Kevin, that warning has been there since the 'dawn of time'. It is something that I have yet to figure out, but dont want to remove the Random PS mag article from the front page.

frodobaggins

Recovry4x4 said:

It wasn't always that way, that's why I asked.
I hate the internet, accurately expressing emotions is difficult, hope I didn't offend ! :)

frodobaggins

mangus580 said:
Kevin, that warning has been there since the 'dawn of time'. It is something that I have yet to figure out, but dont want to remove the Random PS mag article from the front page.
If you could find the postnuke module that does that section and send me the file or code for it I could probably show you how to fix it.

Kevin

mangus580

Same here! It was a royal pain to remember to put them in backwards.... little did I know, it was as simple as flipping a switch!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oddly, I'll be all screwed up now and all my pics will be backwards. I'll get the hang up it though!

mangus580

Kenny, I think I fixed your issue. Take a look, and see if its back the way it was before...

also, note the red triangles are gone!!

plus.... I found a feature that plays a noise when you have a new PM... I need a better noise than "youve got mail" want to have it a pretty short noise... open for suggestions....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, it did fix all those things pointed out. great work. Now that you added the noise, mine beeps everytime I open a tread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks