• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

#9 cucv on road

choll

Well my 9th cucv is now on the road. I had it in my back yard for the past 3 years and because of my job
didnt have a lot of time to work on it. Bought it for $860 in Barstow CA. It had a bent right front spring, a couple of broken windows including the back, and it was missing the passenger seat, body and all the seals around the door looked new. Dash pad was a mess. Odometer had a little over 25000 miles I figured it was 125000. I bid on it because I needed parts for another one. Well to make a 3 year story short I go and pick it up and it has all its service records in a binder on the floor. It did have 25000 miles on it. I couldnt use this for parts so I had a body shop put new front springs on it,$1100, new tires $600. I drive it home and my wife informs me she wants the truck so my daughter,3yoa, and her can "take drives in the mountains when it snows." Well now I have to get a "pro" to look at everything steering, brakes, trans, fuel pump and injection pump. I know enough to get myself in trouble if I break down. I did not want them breaking down. I now have about 3 grand in it. sad to say but the wife wants it painted, dont kill me guys, metalic blue. Carpet also. It does run good

joeman_80128

Hey its cool she wants it. I just bought my first M-1009 its cherry all it needed was a new heater core and the guy sold it to me for $2000 after his wife got tired of looking at it! Could go the other way thats all I'm saying!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks