• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to post pictures - a tutorial

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
****** ADDITIONAL WAY TO POST STARTS IN POST #33 ******

A couple of members have PM'd me, asking for help in posting pictures.

I decided to take some time to help folks out this morning by (crudely) photoshopping a walk-through type tutorial for our members who are not computer proficient but want to participate.

Enjoy and feel free to add any corrections, further hints, etc.

:D

Edit, here's post 33:

Ok, so the site has been updated since my original posting and the image uploading process is different. Here's the current method:

View attachment 404719View attachment 404720View attachment 404721View attachment 404722View attachment 404723View attachment 404724

Last edited by a moderator:

pick

Thank you very much. I tried to figure it out once before but my computer skills are limited. We all know a picture can speak volumes.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tricky part is changing the size of the photos taken by your 10 Megapixel camera down roughly 100 kB.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto's tutorial made me sad, he's running windows XP still.. :sad:
*cough* his employer is running XP still.. *cough*

The tricky part is changing the size of the photos taken by your 10 Megapixel camera down roughly 100 kB.
I think the site software will automatically resize images down but I don't know if I've ever ever tried to upload a BIG image like 10mbs. I'll try it today and see what it says.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You are a gentleman and a good troop Mr. Clinto.

Now...where the heck were ya 3 years ago when I needed help??:shock:
OH!!! That's right...you and a couple others DID help me...never mind!!!:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Attachments

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wont work for my droid either bit once i get the pc online...... WHOOOOAAA LOOKOUT!!

Download the Tapatalk app and you will be able to upload images from your Droid.

Sincerely, HTC EVO 4G user. :D

KsM715

OK how does this work. When I upload pictures, they show up at the bottom of the post with the white boarder around them. I have seen some people post pics without that boarder and they are able to post text right next to the pic. It would make "how to" posts much easier to understand.

How do I post pics like that?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I open my picture in Microsoft Paint to insert text. Then save it, then post it.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks