• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to post pictures - a tutorial

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Why are photobucket thumbnails not allowed on this site like they are on every other forum? They work everytime on other site's threads.
Because we got tired of people deleting their pics, renaming the folders, moving the pics, etc., then we wouldn't have anything.

Then the poster is no longer a member, so you don't even have a way to contact them and ask them to fix the pictures.

Here's a perfect example: http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=87930

I work for a guy who is constantly asking me to research how to do stuff and I can not tell you how many forums have excellent writeups but the posters let their hosted images go and the entire thread becomes worthless. I'd say 80% of the forums I look at are worthless because anything older than 6 months is missing pictures.

By forcing users to put their pictures here, we have better control and much lower probability of this happening.

m816

Oooo, I'm gonna get sooo smart, I won't be able to stand it. Thanks Clinto, I'm going to have my daughter in law help me decipher it all tonight after she gets home from work, BTW I have XP too. When this computer runs its course the next one will run Windows 8 You may not see much of me till I learn how to turn that one on.

Because we got tired of people deleting their pics, renaming the folders, moving the pics, etc., then we wouldn't have anything.

Then the poster is no longer a member, so you don't even have a way to contact them and ask them to fix the pictures.

Here's a perfect example: http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=87930

I work for a guy who is constantly asking me to research how to do stuff and I can not tell you how many forums have excellent writeups but the posters let their hosted images go and the entire thread becomes worthless. I'd say 80% of the forums I look at are worthless because anything older than 6 months is missing pictures.

By forcing users to put their pictures here, we have better control and much lower probability of this happening.
Unfortunately when I upload photos with this site, even though the photo is correctly oriented on my computer, it shows up in the post sideways or upside-down.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Unfortunately when I upload photos with this site, even though the photo is correctly oriented on my computer, it shows up in the post sideways or upside-down.
I noticed that-I can't figure out why. I am going to go edit one of your posts and see if I can figure out why.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Let's see.....

01-13-2013 - 001.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another option is to attach thumbnails. This adds the picture to the bottom of the post.

I don't know why your pictures are sideways. This may help.

Click on the first one and follow along

Attachments

Last edited:

Bownut

Is anyone having problems posting picts? I'm doing the attachments like I have in the past, but everytime I upload the pictures, I'm getting an exclamation point after it and it's not letting me attach. My picts from before are still sitting there to view, but no new ones are coming in. I even resized them down, but that didn't work either. I did both bulk and basic upload.

I tried the URL link too, and that didn't work either?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Is anyone having problems posting picts? I'm doing the attachments like I have in the past, but everytime I upload the pictures, I'm getting an exclamation point after it and it's not letting me attach.
same problem here. . .

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Alright, let me try it....................

B6QCLICA9D4VXRCAG19JPOCAW4CWSVCAVC8JMFCAD5XW2KCAO63ZT1CA60GEAKCATGY034CAU1JAN3CA8JOGJ1CA1LA9ZYCA.jpg1951_G.jpg1951_b.jpg5PY9SJCAYI9064CANL9PMNCAWXEDC6CAK1X4CYCA2QT4WXCAUQ7JW8CAW2DS54CAFOCWPJCAIBC6JGCAFPN3SKCADC7MJACA.jpg1G21TJCAWJAODDCA5ZDFEDCAR4XVX1CAIV2TKACA3MMONXCA81KQJXCALH1M1CCAX1TE5WCAJV7KC2CAFUFSHGCATLJ6OSCA.jpg2KGVI1CAMTT6EMCAAXKRR1CANU1Q0DCAEHBOXDCAYWLBDTCAR0G3SECAZ93Y25CA8XBNPHCAJJEJANCASTHU3CCA97N2VRCA.jpgvolvom105_638.jpgplymouth-00027-1.jpg

Bownut

ok.....let me try again.

Nope, can pull one that is already in my album, but can't load a new one from my laptop. Still looks like it's loading, then onces it appears its done, I get the red exclamation after the file name.

With the URL I get a file error popup.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bownut

Well, let me hop on the home laptop and see if that makes a difference.....

Nope, not there either.

Both are running Windows. I have uploaded without issue before, but haven't since around October 4th. Has something changed since then? I haven't done anything to either of my laptops (home and work) in the last month.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well, let me hop on the home laptop and see if that makes a difference.....

Nope, not there either.

Both are running Windows. I have uploaded without issue before, but haven't since around October 4th. Has something changed since then? I haven't done anything to either of my laptops (home and work) in the last month.
Ditto. . .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks