• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to post pictures - a tutorial

Ilikemtb999

That is a rather small picture. Not easily done on a phone but i'll try on my computer.

edit*
nope still can't get it to work. I shrunk the pic to 480x639 and still says its too big if i try uploading it from the "insert image" icon. The manage attachments isnt working at all for me.

Last edited:

dav5

i have never had a problem uploading photos from my computer but now all of a sudden i don't get the computer option just the URL option. Any advice. Thanks

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Under the text box on the right, click Go Advanced.
A new text box will open for you to input your text.
Scroll down to Manage Attachments and click on that. A separate window should open.
In the upper right of this separate window click on Add Files.
Click Browse in the upper right.
Navigate to the picture file on your computer and click on that.
Now click on Open and that box will close.
Click on Upload.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 851751

Test photo. I tried using this in my signature, but apparently you can't do that. It kept saying "try again or contact admin".
Might be too many pixels (this file is 720x480 @ 96dpi and it is a 24bit image).
Or, try opening the image file on your computer and saving it again with a new name.
Your avatar file should be about 400x400 pixels.

KS_Patriot

I shrunk the photo down, but it still does not like putting photos into signatures. Posts and Avatars, great. Signatures...eh... ;) No real issue here. I don't need a photo in the signature block. The avatar & thread posts are enough freedom of expression. :)

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I shrunk the photo down, but it still does not like putting photos into signatures. Posts and Avatars, great. Signatures...eh... ;) No real issue here. I don't need a photo in the signature block. The avatar & thread posts are enough freedom of expression. :)
Duh. Sorry. I didn't READ the part about signature. I just automatically ASSuMEd that you were talking about your avatar.

Just for the heck of it, I tried using a HTML link to see what happens.
Back in a minute to see if it works.

-----

So, it seems that a HTML link will make a clickable.
Working on another idea... (Again, back in a minute)

-----

Okay. Guess the best you can do is a link to a picture that you have posted somewhere OR that anybody may have posted. Guessing that the software has that feature turned off. The user has to click the link though. :-(

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks