• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

...'new' 1943 White half-track...

L999here

Just got back from WI road trip...and look what followed me home...LOL. Wife only saw it in the darkness...still does not realize what I got. Only problem....found out the exhaust manifold is cracked...in (2) places. And that is after I put a new 8-D battery in it and started it up...runs good,just noisy. Anybody got an exhaust manifold....LOL....?

Attachments

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome! Man you sure landed a winner! Say, my eyes could not figure out what the detail in pic number 5 is. Is it a mount for something that spits hot lead?

Congrats and thanks for posting,

Rick

M215

I just traded my spare exhaust manifold for other needed parts. I do have an extra intake manifold. Check with Gary's halftracks, should be $300-400.
Nice looking M16, good luck on your project.
Karl

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
do you plan to put the armor back on it or leave it the way it is? Some interesting mods/fabrication on that track

L999here

...yep..it's a quad mount...

Thank you for the kudo's,guys. Been looking for a quad mount for over a year...so this was the best way to get one and get the track in the bargin. Gentleman that did most of the restoration included all the parts,manuals and stuff he had gathered over the years he spent doing half tracks...about (8-9)of 'em. Won't know what is there until I can get it off the trailer,get it unloaded and catalog everything. Have all the armor,extra gauges,all four guns (propane...not functional...yet) and box's and box's of other parts. I'll be posting pic's of items I'm not sure of and also on the new half track site. This track will be used on 15 Dec to commerate the 'Battle of the Bulge' memorial at the South Bend Military Honor Park.

L999here

...in the track..

Everything...including the armor plate...is in the track between the M45 mount and the side walls. The M16 did not have a rear exit like M2,M3 types,so the armor plate is over the hole. Even the 'tombstone' drums are packed with parts....LOL...

L999here

...short note...

Will also post in classified's...but need a White 160AX engine exhaust manifold. The one on the half track is cracked...in two places. Any help locating one is appreciated....email or call....(800) 380-4867

68427vette

looks great!! welcome to the quad club!!! go to the g503,com section tracked for other info you may need, plus there is a new HT site,, and yes, gary's going to be your best bet, for intake /exahust manifolds,, buy the set, and a new choke riser i think,, few hunderd,, i could use some extra gauges if you have a spare,, for some scout car projects.. jc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks