• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

List of semi trailer M numbers and use?

rubicon_in_ga

There are probably a hundred different models of semi trailers out there. Just wondering if anybody's come across a general list and description of the semi trailers that are at least somewhat common? I've searched the Trailer forum for 'semi' and the GL site and I made a basic list of what I could find, but I'm only up to about 17 different models. So far I have found references to the following:

M119 6T single axle van
M127 stake flatbed
M128 12T van
M129 12T tandem axle van
M131 fuel trailer
M146 6T single axle shop van
M172 25T tandem axle lowboy
M295 gooseneck flatbed
M313 6T tandem axle expandable van
M348 van trailer, offset rear doors?
M373 6T van electronics
M447 6T tandem axle shop van
M749 expandable van
M750 expandable van
M823 10T tandem axle van
M871 22.5T tandem axle flatbed
M971 command trailer

If anybody can point me to a location on the web with a list, or give more specifics on any of the listed models or add to this list, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to find intended use, number of axles (tandem or single), and rated tonnage.

Thanks!

Last edited:

L999here

M172 and M172A1...

According to my manual,the M172 lo-boy flat bed trailer was rated at 15-ton and was the same dimentions as the heavier M172A1 25-ton lo-boy. These were both rated for the M113/114 APC's but were 9'7" wide and need a 'wide-load' permit to move 'em. I've got the M172A1 for both my APC and my halftrack....but looking for a smaller 8' wide one specifically for the WW2 halftrack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks