• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'Fallen Armor' Junkyard Dio

CharlesKing

Made some changes:

Attachments

D8dave

Your work sould be in the encyclopedia of military modelling!! Thay looks like a diorama of my back yard Thanx's for showing it to us D8dave PS i'am a modeller from way back !! :lol:

CharlesKing

Thanks guys. Glad you like the dio. Since the pics were taken I have made changes to the dio. I wasn't quite satisfied with the look so I made some changes by removing and adding some stuff.

The kits involved in this junkyard were kits I had built with all the trimmings, then destroyed. I got tired of them and decided to put them to good use. The rack you see behind the container was taken from a scratch built M1074 HEMTT PLS Truck. The M997 HEMTT chassis on the side is a kit I modified and scratch built to represent the EPP conversion truck that were used to transport the Battery generators for the Patriot missile launchers. The Humvee is a Tamiya kit I modified to represent a gun truck.

Attachments

SMOKEWAGON66

....the M1075 PLS Hemtt truck.
Really not to nit-pick here, but just wanted to point out that HEMTT's and PLS's are two different animals....PLS has 3 rear drivers (10X10), where as the HEMTT's only had 2 (8x8 ) ...sorry...sometimes i cant help it. :oops: lol.

Other then that, i must say that is AMAZING! The attention to detail is fantastic and if you pictured it right and didnt say it was a model, it would pass for real pictures. Great job. [thumbzup]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks