• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have any bad hoses or know the fittings and lengths of each hose?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I want to see about stainless steel brake hosing for each hose on a deuce. Does anyone know the fitting size/style and hose length for everything? Or does anyone have junk hoses laying around I could use to model off of?

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like the coolant hoses? I changed out the F/P oil supply lines to braided stainless.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OOPS! I totally zoned out on that. Brake lines is what I was looking at.

Edited to correct the OP now.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Measure the ones you want to replace and go down to your local hose supply. They'll make them and test them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Measure the ones you want to replace and go down to your local hose supply. They'll make them and test them.
Measuring hose length is the easy part. It's knowing the fitting flange style and size that is the hard part. I'm not going to remove every hose at one time from my truck to do this. That's why I was asking if someone had some I could borrow or knew the fitting size/styles for each end.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Measuring hose length is the easy part. It's knowing the fitting flange style and size that is the hard part. I'm not going to remove every hose at one time from my truck to do this. That's why I was asking if someone had some I could borrow or knew the fitting size/styles for each end.
:idea: Ahh, the light comes on! I think I have some NOS ones in the garage. Tonite i'll go look see and let you know.

The line wasn't much but I about had a coronary when I saw the price of the fittings, and I get them at dealer prices.

Kohburn

yeah those anodized oil fittings are $$, but they are really nice also. I go for the summit racing brand black anodized fittings rather than the common red and blue.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:idea: Ahh, the light comes on! I think I have some NOS ones in the garage. Tonite i'll go look see and let you know.

The line wasn't much but I about had a coronary when I saw the price of the fittings, and I get them at dealer prices.
Have you had a chance to look? :-D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will is on vacation for a few days.

Capt.Marion

I'd highly recommend Royal Brass and Hose... Royal Brass and Hose Sales and Distribution Branch Locations.

I had a burst brake hose, so I pulled all of the rest of the hoses and one buggered up brake line and had them make me all new ones instead of chancing whatever the dealers are selling. Another member here has had custom steel-braided brake hoses made for his Gama Goat to go between the tractor and carrier and was very satisfied as well.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was planning on seeing what I could build a set for from summitracing. But if not, I was going to get southeastern hose to make me some. (Local shop to me, they've done a lot of work for all of us here) I just need examples of all the lines to build them from. I don't want to pull mine apart for the fittings/lengths though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks