• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V100 mods

135gmc

If that is how you make your living, congratulations! You have the skill and the equipment to turn what some folks would call a major project into fun.

If you like what you do, every day is good -- maybe some are a little better than others, but they are all good.

You're building a really great looking V100 - I've seen MIL contractor's prototypes that aren't as carefully done.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that is how you make your living, congratulations! You have the skill and the equipment to turn what some folks would call a major project into fun.

If you like what you do, every day is good -- maybe some are a little better than others, but they are all good.

You're building a really great looking V100 - I've seen MIL contractor's prototypes that aren't as carefully done.
Don't forget inventory.

Attachments

wgtactical

If that is how you make your living, congratulations!
Thank you, but this is not my primary source of income...and if it were I’d probably starve to death because it takes me too long to get things the way I want them :razz:

Very well put [FONT=&quot]:beer:

[/FONT]

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Stock is 20". It's the same as my M813 but the 5t has a horn button and the V uses a flat metal cover. I got one for the deuce (air-o-mat) on e-bay. It was a NOS piece. Cost was $45-buy-it-now maybe 5 months ago. The seller was Italylovers. I Think Virginia said she had 12 more. After I got it I found that I had a spare in black all along, so used old one and save the nos item, which btw is a very dark gloss OD. The one in your picture looks like the 22" that I took off the deuce. Spokes with a square profile and a much larger horn button area...Maybe a later style.

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My V came with a black wheel and an OD one, other than colour they are identical. I'll have to compare them side by side with the one in the M813, but they look similar.
I used the black one because that seems to be what is in most V pictures.

I have a deuce rubber horn button cover in mine just to fill the hole, but it doesn't look right (too domed). Jim, can you show what the proper metal cover looks like up close? I'd like to find the correct bit.

Cheers

Edit: The V wheels are similarly sized, but different style, than the M813. They measure out about the same, but short of pulling the 5-ton steering wheel off and test fitting, that's as far as I can go.

Last edited:

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a deuce rubber horn button cover in mine just to fill the hole, but it doesn't look right (too domed)...

I was mistaken, it does -not- have a metal cover. It uses mostly the same parts, without the wire, like your V and my big trucks. The cap (cover) is different. It is almost flat, thin, and rubber.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks