• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M886 AMBULANCE

FrankUSMC

I can not make this up. I have been a collector for over 30 years of military vehicles, so when I see photos of them, it sticks in my brain housing group. In 1990 or 1991, in Stars and Stripes, there was a photo of a bunch of Dodge M886 ambulances being unloaded in CHINA! It was just a photo with a small write up under it, but I do remember the country being China. It just struck me, as why China would need 4 wheel drive ambulances. Maybe at that time we were offering them to a poor part of China as a friendship agreement.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

poof

Dirty Hippie
HOLY Resurrection.. of an old post.... having troubles adding/draging to add pic files on my tablet.. so these are already in the system..

Attachments

Last edited:

poof

Dirty Hippie
last pic is of a change of command cerimony., Germany. Hanau. about 1981 ish.......and also one pic when i got it off the lowboy on the wisconsin border to drive it home and begin...hmmmm. wanna drive it home? come get it.. bring cash... ;)

Attachments

poof

Dirty Hippie
figured it out...sorry if this is boring you...

Attachments

poof

Dirty Hippie
the last.. i promise... the bumper numbers are accual.. found some old road march orders in the cab.. showing all stops and directions with emergency routs to all hospitals on the route... and dated too.

Attachments

Last edited:

ironbulance

IMG_7621.jpgI added a side air scoop on each side of the truck because it gets pretty hot in the back on hot summer days, the one in pic has a pipe attached to it lets a lot of air in, it can also be closed off with a door that I work with a spring from inside the truck

Attachments

poof

Dirty Hippie
bump. sorry.. had to find pictures.down page about post 23.. this was way way easer than rounding mine up and trying to email them.. if there still locateable.....is that a word? thanks
poof stock is comming check for forum post events..:goodjob:

Last edited:

musmilhist

red cros decal

I have some info on red cross decals as I have a 1976 N886 under restoration there is a company in my home town of Fernandina
Beach Fl called FAST SIGNS that can do the red cross decals in the size that you need I am sure if you contact them they could help you here is there phone no. 904-261-0340 the person that I talk to is Stacy hope this helps

Amer-team

My truck is original, non restored, with painted crosses. At some point they did put a couple small vinyl crosses on the front of the over the cab piece, with ambulance stenciled in between. My truck is a 1977 with woodland camo paint job, but I think it came originally as straight green, as the woodland camo looks to be brush painted, and that is right around the time they started going camo.

Anyone have an idea of what I could put in the inside top of the ambulance box to screw the fan cover to? When I removed it to give it some fan attention, the four hold down screws were rusted in and pulled the small nuts that were affixed into the tin. I tried to use the expanding nut set up like for sheetrock, but could not get them to hold.

chillydog

M886 Ambulance Interior Color

The factory interior color
My truck is original, non restored, with painted crosses. At some point they did put a couple small vinyl crosses on the front of the over the cab piece, with ambulance stenciled in between. My truck is a 1977 with woodland camo paint job, but I think it came originally as straight green, as the woodland camo looks to be brush painted, and that is right around the time they started going camo.

Anyone have an idea of what I could put in the inside top of the ambulance box to screw the fan cover to? When I removed it to give it some fan attention, the four hold down screws were rusted in and pulled the small nuts that were affixed into the tin. I tried to use the expanding nut set up like for sheetrock, but could not get them to hold.

chillydog

The factory interior of the Dodge M886 ambulance patient compartment is white. I'm trying to nail down the Fed paint number, but I believe it is Fed. Std. Insignia White, 27875 (semi gloss).
Interiors of aluminum vehicles- Chevy M1010 ambulance for example- M113 and M114 APC's, and aluminum communication shelters, shop trailers,etc. are painted seafoam green. I see this all day, every day where I work. The interiors of steel vehicles- like the M886 Dodge,and army tanks- from the WW2 Stuarts and Shermans up to the M60's- are white inside.( never saw an Abrams inside).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks